Severia II

Thirteen Years Ago

Dumbledore sat in Snape's kitchen waiting for his return. He glanced around the room, examining all of the items placed neatly in their places. It was muted in color, but not nearly as dreary as his classroom.

He rocked the sleeping child in his arms, watching the clock closely. Snape walked through the door and froze once he saw Dumbledore with his daughter.

"How did you get in here?" Snape whispered, locking the door and hurrying towards them.

"Someone has to care for her. Seeing as though you have more important things to attend to." Dumbledore eyed him.

"I'm doing this for you." Snape hissed.

"For her, Severus. I'm sure she admires your courage." Dumbledore corrected him.

"She hasn't ever admired me, Dumbledore. Don't fool yourself." Snape said, sitting at the table.

"But because of you, her son is safe. You must know this, Severus. It is your doing that allows him to survive." Dumbledore said gently. He stood up and handed the girl to Snape.

"And your doing alone," He continued, "that will save the baby's life."

Severus took the child and watched her as she slept.

"He must never touch her again." Dumbledore stressed. "She won't survive." Snape looked to him, they knew exactly what would happen if Snape failed.

"He won't. Ever." Snape replied, firmly. Dumbledore turned his eyes from Severus and back onto the girl in his arms.

"You need to name her, Severus. She is yours now." Dumbledore said to him, placing a hand on the girl. "Have you thought of one?"

For the very first time since the year he had her, he looked at her with kindness. He thought for a moment and the room was still.

"Severia." He whispered. He felt the tears begin to reach his cheeks.

"Severia Snape it is." Dumbledore said.