Detention

Harry made his way across the Great Hall and stood right behind Draco. He and Severia had planned to walk to their detention together. He didn't have to walk over to the Slytherins, but he loved seeing Draco so angry.

"Sev, are you ready?" Harry asked, waving at Ruby. She only give him a half-smile.

Draco turned around to look at Harry. His black hair was ruffled in front of his face and his green eyes were fixed on Severia. Draco had always hated Harry, but after the night she brought him to the common room, he despised him.

"If I have to be." Severia said jokingly. "I'll see you this evening, Rube. Goodnight, Draco."

Draco looked at her the same way a child stares at their new puppy. Harry tilted his head when she said his name, but didn't say anything.

She walked to the other side of the table to meet Harry and linked her arm through his.

"Our first detention in the new trouble-making-pact. How exhilarating." Severia said as they walked out of the Great Hall.

"I'm just glad you won't be alone." He said to her, honestly. Even if it meant he had to deepen the scars on his own hand, he would do anything for her.

"I thought the same about you, Potter." Severia said as they arrived at Umbridge's door.

Her office was adorned with pink decorations and cat pictures in gold frames. The clutter was organized, but only to Umbridge. Needless to say, Severia hated it.

"Good evening!" Umbridge greeted them. They didn't say anything.

"Take a seat, please. Mr. Potter already knows what he will be doing." She continued as Harry and Severia exchanged a sad glance. "But I will explain it for you, Ms. Snape."

Severia and Harry sat next to each other as Professor Umbridge rummaged through her things to find the quills. She placed them on their desks along with a few pieces of parchment.

"You will both be writing lines with this quill. Harry will continue to write 'I must not tell lies' and you will begin writing 'I must show respect'." Umbridge said, the joy of it all was radiating off of her.

Harry began to write, but Severia only stared at him. He winced every time he had to pick up the quill to create a new letter. He caught her staring and mouthed 'it's okay', but this only hurt Severia more. She couldn't watch him any longer, so she picked up her own quill and took a deep breath.

She dragged it against the parchment to form the letter 'I', but nothing appeared. She looked at her hand and hadn't seen any blood. She tried again and again, but still no ink.

"Why aren't you writing anything?" Harry whispered to her. He was almost done with his first page.

"I-I'm trying, but I can't." Severia whispered back, then demonstrated for him by scribbling. He reached for her hand to stop her from harming herself, but saw she was telling the truth. Now he was just as confused as Severia.

While Umbridge was reorganizing the order of the cat photos on her wall, Severia took out her wand and placed it in her lap. She waved it slightly and the two quills both had a slight, red aura.

"They're the same quill, so why can't I use it?" Severia whispered to Harry again. Harry only shrugged, he couldn't give her an answer.

Severia raised her hand and Umbridge turned back around.

"It's nice to see you raise your hand for a change." Umbridge said before Severia could speak. Severia smirked at her comment.