Young Professors

No one but the Golden Group, Snape, Dumbledore, and Umbridge knew what occurred in detention. Of course, Umbridge would go about her days ignoring what she did to Severia. However, she's been paying closer attention to her since the incident. Almost as if she is trying to see under Severia's skin.

The next weekend, the Golden Group studied in the Gryffindor common room. At least, Hermione and Severia were.

"Ron, catch." Harry said as he tossed a crumpled piece of parchment at him. It hit Ron in the face before falling into his lap. The boys laughed it off and Severia rolled her eyes.

Hermione looked up at them and stared at Ron. He stared back with a perplexed look, but then raised his eyebrows in understanding.

"Uhm... Harry. We uh, have a question." Ron said, glancing nervously at Harry.

"Are you in on this?" Harry said, looking across the table towards Severia. She shook her head no.

"Ron and I have been thinking and..." Hermione began nervously, glancing between Harry and Severia. "We think that it would be beneficial to start a DADA study group. You two would be the teachers."

"What?" Harry and Severia both said.

"Why would I be teaching? Harry has much more experience." Severia said.

"No, most of what I've done is complete luck. Severia is the one who saved my life and her father is a teacher!" Harry protested.

"Shut it you two!" Ron said. "We chose you, Harry, because you do have the most experience. You know more than we do, mate."

Harry sighed and looked to Severia who was already watching him.

"And, Severia, we want you to help him because you've done things we have never even seen. And Harry is right, you are the daughter of a teacher." Hermione said.

"What do you mean? Things you haven't seen?" Severia asked.

"Well for starters, you can absorb spells." Hermione said.

"I don't know how I did that." Severia said, looking at the ground.

"And you can read minds." Ron added quickly.

Severia glared at him, hard. Until she could control it, she didn't want to worry anyone.

"You can?" Hermione asked, she was the only one of her friends who didn't know yet. Well, besides Draco. But were they really even friends yet?

"I- Well- I guess. I can't do it all the time and that's why I didn't tell you. I didn't want to worry you." Severia said. Hermione put her hand on Severia's arm to comfort her.

"Regardless, you and Harry are both incredible and we need a real teacher. So between the two of you, we should be able to manage." Hermione said.

"Can Severia and I think about it?" Harry replied before Severia had time to make up her own mind. She looked at him, confused.

He motioned for her to stand up and they walked to the corner of the common room.

"What's there to think about, Harry? I'm sure if we do it together we could really help out." Severia said.

"Well... I don't know, Sev. I'm sure you could do it, you can do anything, but I don't think-"

"We will do it!" Severia shouted towards her friends from where she and Harry stood. He stared at her in shock before protesting.

"No! No! Why would you-"