Carriages

Once the train arrived at Hogwarts, the students shuffled out. As Severia and her friends collected their things, Draco slid the door open.

"I can't believe a Weasley beat the perfect Potter!" He spat. Severia spun around to stare at him. His harshness surprised her, she hadn't ever seen him act this way to Harry's face.

"Stuff it, Malfoy." Harry said, not looking at him.

"Draco, I think you should leave." Severia said after glancing at Ron and Hermione who hadn't said anything.

"You and I could've been prefects you know. Too bad you spend more time with the Gryffindors." Draco said, rolling his eyes.

"Don't speak to her like that." Harry snapped as he stood between Draco and Severia. Severia put her hand on his back to keep him from doing anything stupid.

"Looks like guard dog runs in the family." Draco smirked. Harry and Hermione tensed up, but Ron didn't catch on to his remark. Severia was too angry to care.

"I don't know what's gotten into you, Draco, but when I ask you to leave, you leave." Severia said slowly. "You wouldn't want me to act on previous threats, would you?"

Draco flushed quickly before turning away. He slammed the door in their faces and the four students stood there in silence. Severia was still standing close to an irritated Harry.

"He's just an asshole." Severia said, looking at Ron.

"Always has been." Ron said and they made their way off of the train.

~~~

They approached the carriages that brought the students to the school. Usually the horses carrying them are invisible, but this time Harry could see them.

"W-What are those? Have they always been there?" Harry asked them.

"What are you talking about, Harry?" Hermione asked, even more confused than him.

"Those horses." He said, pointing at them.

"Did Draco do something to you back there?" Ron asked with concern.

"Are you not supposed to see them? What's wrong?" Severia asked. She saw them, too.

"They're called Thestrals, I've been seeing them for years." Luna Lovegood said. "You can only see them if you've seen death." Then she skipped to her own carriage as if nothing happened.

"Oh." Harry said as he stiffened.

The group got into their carriage with Luna as they rode towards the school. Severia had never met Luna, but Ron and Hermione found her odd.

"You're very pretty, Severia." Luna said from across Severia and Ron. "You remind me of the witch in a book my father reads."

"Thank you. Maybe you could show it to me sometime." Severia said through a smile.

"Perhaps." Luna said, looking up at the sky.

Ron stared at Severia, but she only shrugged. She didn't know why, but Luna seemed like the perfect friend. Something about her felt safe.