Fifteen

Present Day

Harry's trial was in two days and number twelve, Gimmauld place hadn't talked much about it. Rather, they became focused on a surprise party for Severia. It was a challenge to surprise someone who seemed to detect lies and read minds, but Mrs. Weasley managed to pull it off.

Ron entered Severia's room while she was asleep. Skull was nestled under the blankets with her head peaking out. He stood over her, not sure how to wake her. Through her sleep, she could feel him staring at her.

"Ronald Weasley, either lay down or exit." She said, sleepily. He blushed and laughed awkwardly.

"S-Sorry, Severia. I'm supposed to wake you up. You're uh breakfast is ready." He said now looking at the ground. Severia opened her eyes and sat up. She didn't say anything which made him even more nervous.

"Not even a happy birthday from my best friend, huh?" She said, testing him. His eyes went wide as he sucked in a breath.

"I- Severia, I didn't forget! I swear!" He said, defending himself. "I was just waiting to see if you were mad I woke you!"

"Then to make it up to me," She said smoothly. "You have to help me get ready." He looked at her, confused.

She stood up and took the bonnet off of her head. She handed it to him and motioned for him to put it away. She asked him which green sweater to wear and what black pants would look best. She only had one necklace, so she asked him to help her put it on.

"You take ages." He complained playfully.

"Do you think I wake up this pretty all the time?" She teased. He laughed, but scanned her face as she said it.

"I actually do think you always look nice, and so does Harry." He said with a smirk. She froze in the mirror then turned to look at him.

"Don't start. Not today." She warned. He raised his eyebrows, but obeyed.

~~~

Together they made their way down the stairs. Ron walked ahead of her in order to alert the others of their arrival. When Severia entered the living room, they all shouted the happy birthday song.

The room was decorated with emerald green balloons and the ceiling was the night sky. She recognized this magic and spotted her father in the center of the witches and wizards. She ran to hug him and the room lit up with smiles.

"This is absolutely incredible! Thank you all, truly." She said in awe. She couldn't believe that all of these people cared enough to make her day special.

"It was a challenge, but we made it happen." Hermione laughed, hugging Severia.

"You should open your gifts!" Fred suggested and the rest of them agreed. They sat around her and handed her various boxes and bags.

The Weasley's got her a pair of gold earrings, Hermione got her a book called 'Tricks for the Not-So-Average Cat', Dumbledore sent her a card, and Lupin and Tonks gave her flowers that will never die. Sirius and Snape did not acknowledge one another, but they both had unopened gifts in their hands. Severia looked to Sirius first which led him to smile with self-satisfaction.

"Harry and I both got you this, so if you don't like it blame him." Sirius said. Harry shook his head, but Severia just smiled. As she unwrapped the gift, she couldn't help but tear up slightly. Her and Sirius hadn't cared for each other much at first, so this made her feel as though he was willing to put the past behind them.

It was an enchanted teacup that would refill itself with a simple incantation. She thanked him and Harry as Snape handed her a small square box. She furrowed her brows and stared at him.