Hagrid's Return

As soon as Harry is cleared to leave the Hospital, and has his broom confiscated by Umbridge, he falls back into his normal routine. Only this time, he visits Severia more often. He knew that she was a loyal friend, but he had never had someone so fearlessly stand by his side. Ron and Hermione were great, there was just something different about Severia.

"And watch! Go on spin for him." Severia said to Skull. She had been teaching her tricks out of the book Hermione had given her for her birthday.

"Brilliant!" Harry smiled.

As the two of them continued to marvel at Skull's ability, there was a banging at the Slytherin common room door.

"Have you told?" Severia questioned him.

"Of course I haven't." Harry said, slightly panicked. It was no secret how close they were, but their late night meetings weren't something they wanted the entire school to know about.

"Then put on the cloak." Severia said as she went to answer the door.

As she pulled it open, Hermione and Ron greeted her.

"Oh perfect, we were so hoping it would be you to answer it." Hermione said.

"It's just as creepy as I remember." Ron said, gazing at the room beyond Severia. She gave him a look that said "watch it" and allowed them inside.

"No one is awake right now." She said, glancing at where Harry sat under the cloak. "Is this an emergency?"

"Yes, definitely." Hermione said, following Severia's eyes. "And since your first question wasn't 'where's Harry' we assume you already know." She said with a playful smirk.

"You both think he's with me?" Severia asked them innocently.

"I hear him sneak in and out every night, Sev. Someone's gotta make sure he gets in safe!" Ron teased.

"I am perfectly capable—" Harry began, shuffling out of his cloak, "of taking care of myself. Thank you very much!"

Severia eyed him, only slightly frustrated he gave up his hiding spot.

"I don't know mate, sometimes you come back giggly." Ron said. As soon as he did, he glanced from Severia, to Hermione, and to Harry in regret.

"Oh is that so?" Severia said smoothly.

"He's got rocks for brains, don't listen to him." Harry said, trying to play it off.

"Well! What I was going to tell you all is that Hagrid is back!" Hermione said, changing the subject for Harry's sake.

"What?" Severia and Harry said in unison.

"Yep! We should go speak to him. He's been gone for so long, he has to have some kind of updates." Hermione pointed out.

"Are we sure this is a good idea? It's kinda late." Severia said glancing at the hallway that led to her fathers bedroom.

"What happened to miss 'KO'? Everything will be fine." Ron said, trying to reassure her.

"We will get our answers, then bring you right back." Harry said gently.

She sighed and looked up at him. His features made her skin warm. Not in the way where she might pass out, but in the way where she felt safe.

"Okay. Let's go." Severia said and the group slowly made their way to Hagrid's.

~~~

As they stepped into the cool, evening air, Severia inched closer to Harry. He noticed her shivering next to him and he wrapped his arm around her. Ron winked at him and Harry glared as fiercely as he could.