Do You Want To?

Severia rolled out of bed the following morning and skipped over to Ruby.

"Good morning, Sunshine." She sang.

"And what am I supposed to call you? Cloud? Moon?" Ruby teased sleepily. Severia has been the only reason mornings are bearable for her.

"What happened to princess?" Severia joked back.

"Yea whatever." Ruby said, getting dressed.

~~~

The Golden Group made their way to Hagrid's class. They looked forward to having their friend, and teacher, back where he belongs.

"Today we are heading to the woods." Hagrid called out.

Draco made a remark under his breath, but followed him anyways. As they entered the forrest, they approached the same horse-like creatures that pulled the carriages.

"Alright then, raise your hand if you can see the Thestrals." Hagrid asked.

"See what?" Ron asked as Harry, Neville, and Severia all raised their hands.

"Why can they see it, huh?" Ron said, disappointed.

"Because they've seen death. Remember?" Hermione said impatiently.

"Oh. Sorry." Ron said, realizing how thankful he should've been that he couldn't see them after all.

The class was seemingly normal. They learned how to tame, feed, brush the Thestrals. Then, their classes were over and the Group walked along the grounds before dinner.

"Harry, did you see Neville's hand go up?" Hermione asked.

"It always goes up." Ron said earning a nudge from Severia.

"You mean in the forrest? Yeah I did." Harry said.

"Well so did Ssveria's." Ron added.

They stopped and turned to face her and she could only stare back. She truly had no idea why or how she could see them.

"I've never seen death before." Severia said slowly.

"You may just not remember." Hermione replied.

"But then I would've always seen them, I saw my parents die as a baby." Harry said softly.

Severia looked at him tenderly and he felt the hug that she never gave.

"Maybe you could ask Snape." Ron said.

"That's not such a bad idea. Maybe I will." Severia said, continuing ahead towards the steps.

"I'm sorry for whoever it was." Harry said to her.

"Me too." She said finally.

~~~

Hermione organized their final DA meeting before the holiday break. As the students filled the room, spells went flying.

Ginny runs in and tells Hermione that she is the new Seeker for the Gryffindor Quidditch team due to Harry's removal. Harry claims he's happy for her, but Severia could read the jealousy behind his eyes. Naturally, she let a disarming spell fly in Ginny's direction, knocking her wand out of her hands.

"Alright everyone, you've done great work so far. Be safe over the break and do not forget what you've learned!" Hermione said, sending out students in small groups.

Cho Chang lingered behind and asked to speak to Harry. They moved towards the corner of the room so that they wouldn't be heard. Severia did her best to leave them be, but as soon as the two minute mark hit she walked over to them.