The Events of Summer

Severia woke up to music playing in the kitchen. Her room was warm as the sun peaked through her sage green curtains. Skull was sleeping peacefully in her bed in the corner of the room. She changed her clothes and went downstairs to investigate the disturbance.

When she reached the living room, Snape told her to stay there.

"Close your eyes, dear." He said from the kitchen. She did as she was told and a few moments later he came out to greet her.

"Good morning." He said with a smile and she opened her eyes.

"What are you doing?" She asked him suspiciously. He brought her into the room with the music and pointed at the new record player.

"Wow! What is it?" She asked.

"It's called a 'record player'." He said. "I thought you'd like it. It plays whatever is on these circles."

"Incredible." She said, examining the new device.

"Just don't touch the grooves, it makes a peculiar sound." He added.

"Understood." She said. She listened to the woman on the vinyl sing as she sat at the table. Once she caught on to the melody, Severia hummed along.

"Why don't you, you trust in me in all you do
And have the faith I, I have in you
Oh, and love will see us through
If only you trust in me" The woman sang. Severia didn't know who she was or what the song was called, but she still enjoyed it.

"How did you find it?" Severia asked.

"It was a gift." Severus said. This didn't answer Severia's question completely, but she dropped it.

Severia watched her father start the record over as she stood up. She took her father's hand and danced with him. He had two left feet, so she helped him along. They laughed as Skull walked around them. The three of them hadn't felt this free in a year.

~~~

Harry's summer was the complete opposite of Severia's. He had just been expelled from Hogwarts for the improper use of magic. However, Mr. Weasley made sure to tell Harry that Dumbledore would sort it out. Once everything was put back in order, he found out that he would have a trial in a week.

His world was falling apart and he had no one to go to. He hadn't heard from anyone since the last day of school. "I knew it was too good to be true." Harry thought. "Maybe Severia finally realized that this was too much. And maybe Ron and Hermione just don't care."

He talked to Hedwig about his troubles. She was the best listener he knew. No matter what he went through, he always had her.

~~~

The next day, his family went to an award ceremony, leaving Harry alone. Once they pulled away he heard a loud crack come from downstairs.

He came face to face with the real Mad-Eye Moody, Remus Lupin, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, Dedalus Diggle, Emmeline Vance, Sturgis Podmore, and Hestia Jones.

"Uh, hi." Harry said, confused.

"Harry! We have come to take you away!" Tonks said excitedly.

"What?" Harry asked.

"What she means is, we will be taking you somewhere safe to await your trial." Lupin said, eyeing Tonks.

"Where?" Harry asked again, even more confused.

"Number twelve Grimmauld Place, London. That's where the Order of the Phoenix is set up." Mad-Eye explained. "You must memorize this."

Harry shook his head as they made their way to the backyard. Harry ran upstairs for his trunk as the rest of them got on their broomsticks. Once he returned, they set off.

~~~

They arrived at the address and ushered Harry inside. He saw Mrs. Weasley and she advised him to go upstairs with the others. He opened the door to a bedroom and found his friends.

"Harry!" Hermione and Ron shrieked. They hugged him tightly, but he made no attempt to hug them back.

"What's wrong, mate?" Ron asked, his smile faltering.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe the fact that I haven't heard from anyone all summer. I was left alone, I knew nothing while you two and whoever else were here without me." Harry said hotly.

"Harry, Dumbledore made us swear not to write to you! This is a secret society that is fighting against Voldemort. It was too risky to tell you through an owl." Hermione explained.

"Right. And I suppose he couldn't tell me anything either because why? He's busy? He doesn't trust me? What is it?" Harry said. Even if he believed them, he was still so angry.

"To protect you, Harry! You have to believe us. We really wanted to tell you." Ron said sadly.

"Sure." He said, sitting down on the bed of the room they were in.

"The Daily Prophet hasn't been much help either, Harry. They're calling you a liar." Hermione said nervously.

"What?" Harry asked, grabbing a copy from the floor. He read it and then threw it back down.

"That's ridiculous! Why would I-"

"We know, mate." Ron interrupted.

"We are really sorry, Harry." Hermione said softly, putting a hand on his shoulder.

"I forgive you... and I'm sorry for yelling." He said, looking at the floor.

"They deserved it." Fred and George said, aparating into the room with a crack.

The three of them jumped and began to laugh. Just then, Ginny came in.

"Oh, Harry. I didn't know you were here." She said turning back for the door.

"Hi." He said back which made her stay. Everyone stared at each other for awhile.

"I- I'm sorry about what happened that one time." Ginny said weakly.

"Yeah, thanks." He said flatly. "But I think Severia deserves that apology." The tension in the room only increased at her name.

"I guess so." Ginny said, exiting the room. Fred and George left, too. Only they disapparated.

"Is she here?" Harry asked, his hands began to sweat at the thought of seeing her. Even if he was still upset that she hadn't written to him like she promised, he missed her terribly.

"No, Harry. We hoped that she wrote to you." Ron said.

"Oh." Was all Harry could say.

Silence fell upon them again.

"She's got to be okay though, right?" He asked.

"I'm sure she's alright." Hermione said, but she was slightly unconvinced.

"I hope so. What if Snape-" Ron started.

"Snape wouldn't hurt his own daughter." Hermione said.

"But we don't know that!" Ron said, getting angry.

"What if Ron's right." Harry said sadly.

"He's not. She's just fine and Snape didn't do anything to her. Don't talk like that." Hermione said, standing up. She walked out of the room to be with Ginny.

"She wouldn't go to- to him would she?" Ron questioned.

"She would die before she followed Voldemort, Ron. You know her." Harry reminded Ron.

"Yeah, you're right. Now we just have to hope she isn't dead." Ron said.

Harry didn't say anything to this, but a large knot sat in the pit of his stomach.