The Wrath of the Inquisitor

Umbridge only became worse as time went on. In the next weeks that followed, she was named the High Inquisitor. She was allowed overseeing power of any and all policies made at Hogwarts. Her next plan is to interview the teachers and make sure they are up to the Ministry's standards.

Severia and Ruby were dancing in their bedroom as they got ready for the school day ahead of them.

"Hey, Severia." Ruby said, watching Severia fix her hair.

"Yes, Rube?" Severia said distractedly.

"Would you braid my hair sometime? Just one braid down my back, though." Ruby asked. For the first time Severia could sense nerves in Ruby's voice.

"Of course I can." She replied, tying off her own braids. "It'll cost you though."

"Yeah right, Princess." Ruby said, shoving her lightly.

~~~

Their third class was Transfiguration. Severia sat next to Harry and across the aisle from Ron and Hermione. Professor Umbridge was sitting behind Professor McGonagall's desk, taking notes on her clipboard.

"She's delusional." Severia whispered to Harry and he nodded. Their mutual hatred for Umbridge was forever increasing.

After Umbridge had harassed Professor Trelawney and given Harry yet another detention in DADA, they had been on edge. Her presence felt like a weight had been placed on their chests.

"Do we have a problem?" Professor McGonagall asked Umbridge impatiently after Dolores cleared her throat for the fourth time.

"Do you have a grip on your students? It seems as though they are speaking while you are." Umbridge said, glaring at Severia.

"I believe you are analyzing me, not my students." McGonagall said, fiercely.

Severia smiled to herself. "Thank you, Professor." She thought.

~~~

Finally, they sat down in Severia's favorite class, Potions. She greeted her father before seeing Umbridge enter the room. Severia stared at her until she sat behind her father's desk.

"Not a word." Snape whispered to his daughter. She sighed before joining Harry once again.

Snape began to teach and the petite woman walked around him. Severia clenched her jaw as Harry held his breath. If Umbridge disrespected Snape, Severia would snap. Harry, Ron and Hermione were on edge.

"It says that you applied for the Defense Against the Dark Arts position?" Umbridge said sweetly.

Severia clutched her wand as her father replied with a cold 'yes'.

"But you were unsuccessful?" Umbridge pried.

A few sparks came from the end of her wand, but not enough for Umbridge to notice. Her father, however, glanced her her.

"Obviously." He said sharply.

Ron laughed and Severia snapped her head towards him. Harry placed a hand on Severia's arm to calm her down.

"Is it challenging not giving special treatment towards your daughter?" Umbridge asked.

"No. I know how to do my job." Severus said, staring at his students.

"Is she disruptive in this class as well?" Dolores asked calmly. She intended to rattle him.

This time, Harry was the one getting angry.

"The nerve of this woman." He whispered angrily to Severia.

"My daughter is not in question and quite frankly, she's none of your concern." Snap spat at the woman next to him. "If you have no further questions, you may leave."

"Oh, but I do." She smiled, wickedly. "Why keep her home for the first three years? Is she...dangerous?"

Severia couldn't take it anymore.

"Enough." She shouted in the already quiet room. "You have no right. Who do you think you are?"

The entire class looked at her. Draco and Ruby were shocked to see her react this way, but Ron and Hermione only smirked. Harry was still so angry he didn't flinch when she stood.

"You will be joining Mr. Potter in detention." Umbridge said, going back to her kind voice. "I think I've seen enough."

When she left, Severia put her head down on her desk. Snape continued to teach then instructed the students start their assignments. Once the class was busy, he came over and put a gentle hand on her back.

"I could have handled it." He whispered to her. He was sure the rest of the class would try to listen so he did his best to conceal his words.

"I'm so sorry, father." She said, trying not to cry.

"I never said I wasn't proud." Snape smirked.

Severia sat up and looked at him. "Really?" She whispered.

"Of course." Snape said. He now looked at Harry who was already staring, amazed that Snape was showing true emotions. "You two will come here after your detentions. Understood?"

"Yes." Harry replied. "... Sir."

"Yes, father." Severia said, smiling.

~~~

Severia sat with Ruby and Pansy at dinner. She hated sitting near Pansy, but at least Ruby was next to her.

"Oh! Draco! Why don't you come sit with us!" Pansy said excitedly as Draco approached their end of the table. Severia rolled her eyes at the sight of him.

He sat down quietly and glanced over to Severia who was now talking to Ruby about her detention.

"Harry and I are going to walk there together, so it won't be too bad." Severia said nonchalantly. She knew what she was going to endure, but  Harry wouldn't have to do it alone.

"That was pretty cool." Draco said quietly. He kept his eyes on his food.

"What?" Severia asked him angrily. When it came to Draco, her temper was even shorter than normal.

"I mean that it was just cool how you stood up for your dad." Draco said, slightly louder. She eyed him to detect a lie, but didn't find one.

"Thank you." She said indifferently. "Give him a chance." She thought.

"Well if you ask me, I'd say you're an idiot." Pansy said casually. The three of them turned to stare at her.

"What did you just say?" Ruby said, her tan skin becoming red.

"Look, I get defending your family. I just don't think that was the way to do it. What if Snape's fired?" Pansy said, looking more towards Severia.

"Well then, it's a good thing no one did ask you." Draco said, to Severia's surprise.

"Oh, whatever." Pansy said, leaving the table.

"Thank you both." Severia said, smiling at Draco.

"There's nothing I miss more than that smile." He thought. Severia kept her eyes on him, she wasn't sure she heard that correctly. Then again, she could read his mind, not hear it.

She didn't know that he still thought about her. Nothing he did made sense. First he liked her, then hated her and her friends, then helped her save Harry just to torment them the next year.

Thankfully, she saw Harry approach the table.