♥truth revealed♥

Tasha

Air was snatched from my lungs because of the scene ahead of me. There was no need for explanation because the scene explained itself. I dropped everything I was holding on the floor since my hands could not carry them due to the shock. I felt heavy and I was shaky.

"Finally she got to know." Anya had the guts to speak while Henry wore his sweat pants.

There was no remorse in their faces and that scared me. I couldn't say anything and I guess my body, mind and soul were still processing the fact that HENRY WAS CHEATING ON ME WITH A MAID AGAIN!

And then he had the audacity to speak, "I'm glad you've found out about Anya and I on your own. You don't know how you've made my life easier Natasha." Wait, what?! Henry had never called me with my full name ever. "I couldn't find the right words to tell you about us so that's a relief for me. But you have to know that this is not my fault or Anya's either but your fault. You always claimed to be busy with work or on a business trip with that guy Nic. And to you work is important than your family. Now i understand why other man do not allow their wives to work. Its all because  they tend forget about their duties as a mother and a wife. Instead of you, Anya have been fulfilling those duties. And I've already chosen her over you. Because you have failed as a mother and you have also failed as a wife so don't you dare judge me right now it is all your fault." Henry was in defense mode now even before I could speak and all I wanted to know was how long has this been happening without my knowledge. Even tears had betrayed me.

"For..... For....... For how long?" Those words came out with great difficulty.

"From the first day you sent me with food to Henry." Anya replied before Henry could open his mouth. "Can you please leave Natasha? When you walked we were kinda in the middle of something sooo please leave."

I thought Henry was going to stop her from chasing me away from our matrimonial room but he didn't even show the signs that he was going to say something but instead of what I was expecting he said, "She's right you know."

I just turned ready to leave when Anya called my name, "Natasha, please do close the door behind you?"

I just closed the door after picking whatever I dropped on the floor. I went downstairs and took my Ferrari keys. I drove out of the house. I just decided to drive with no destination. I was shattered you know and I didn't have the power to say or do anything.

A police officer pulled me off the road. He knocked on my window which snapped me out of my trance.

"Ma'am, do you realize you're over speeding in 40km/hr zone." He said and continued after he realized who I was. "Oh you're that business woman of Benson Transportation.  You celebrities think you can do whatever you want and you think you're above the law, don't you? "

"I'm sorry, Sir. I didn't realize it. Can you please give me a ticket?" I wanted to get rid of him because I had a lot in my mind right now.

He just looked at me shocked and then began to write down my ticket.

"Here you go and please follow traffic regulations. We don't wanna loose one of our favourite celebs, do we?" He said sarcastically while a smirk played on his lips.

"Yes Officer I won't over speed again. Thank you."  I said as I took the ticket he was handing over.

"You can go." He finally said after giving a good look. I don't know what's his issue with celebrities but I didn't care about it.

"Thank you."

I drove off and headed nowhere in particular. I pulled over when I was out of town a little, hid and locked my car. I headed into the dark forest as the words Henry said kept on repeating in my head. All flashes of memory when I left the two of them alone, his friend's attitude towards Anya, those moment I even brought them together and Cleo had told me about them but I didn't listen came rushing back into my eyes as I walked deep into the forest unconsciously.

It was happening right under my eyes and I was blinded by the love and trust I had for both of them. I stopped walking after I found a lake which made me stop. My heart was bleeding. I couldn't cry. 

Cleo was right and I was wrong. I've known her since high school and she have never joked about these kind of things but I told her to back off. Thinking about this the tears started to roll off my cheeks.

Henry was right, I'm not a good mother, friend and even a wife. I was wrong all along. I thought I was taking care of my work, my family but I was actually destroying it.

I fell to my knees as tears continued to roll silently. I needed someone to talk to, to make this pain go away. I couldn't take it anymore. The pain was too much for me to bear.

I decided to pay Cleo a visit and apologise. I went back to my car and drove back into the town and headed towards Cleo's house.

The house was decorated beautifully as if there was a function. I went in and there were a lot of people inside and Cleo was the centre of attraction. She looked like she could give birth at any second now. She was happy as everyone gave her gifts. It was her baby shower party.

Seeing her so happy, I decided not to intrude with my problems so I turned to leave but it was too late she recognized me.

"What the hell are you doing here?" She yelled angrily. She was so furious I could hear it in her voice.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to talk to you and I didn't know that you were having a baby shower so I don't want to ruin anything. I will come back some other time." I said.

"Talk to me about what because as far as I remember we are not friends anymore. We Are Strangers. So what can strangers talk about?" She asked.

"Can we talk in private, Cleo. I don't like the fact that everyone is listening to what we are saying." I asked her

"Oh so now you want to talk privately just because its your turn to get humiliated but when it was mine you went and slapped me right in front of everyone. I will not grant you that permission and if you have something to say, say it in front of everyone."

"Cleo. Im sorry for what I did to you. Can you please find it in your heart to forgive me?" I begged.

"What did you just say I didn't hear you clearly? Louder please."

"I'm sorry Cleo for what I did. Please forgive me." I apologised louder than before but Cleo didn't seem satisfied.

"Say it again but while you're kneeling down."

I didn't take much time to contemplate whether I should kneel or not but I just dropped to my knees. I needed someone to comfort me and Cleo was the right candidate.

"Now repeat what you just said." She said looking down at  me and I repeated even louder with my voice already on the verge of crying. Cleo started laughing and she said, "You are so foolish. That's your problem you trust people blindly. Do you think I could forgive you, huh Natasha?  Well I'm sorry to tell you that humiliating me on my wedding day is just greater than what you're doing now. I will never forgive you. You've already ruined my mood now. Get out!"

"Please Cleo." I begged again trying my luck but it only got her angrier.

"I said GET OUT!!" She came and picked me up from the ground with her nails digging deep in my flesh and she threw me out the door. I stumbled and fell hitting my head hard on the concrete. "Don't you dare step you filthy feet into this house again? If you ever do that I will press charges against you!" She yelled and closed her door with a bang.

I didn't care about the pain I was feeling in my head right now.  All I needed was a friend to tell my problem but she didn't accept my apology. I deserved that though. I shouldn't have slapped on her wedding day before finding out the truth. Now she was right and I was wrong. I couldn't even control my tears now. They were roaming down freely now. I picked myself up and zombie walked to my car.

I didn't go where someone can find me. I decided to go to my underground villa which was 25kilometres out of the town. No one knew about it except those who built it for me. This is where I actually came when I needed some time alone and space.

I switched my phone off and got myself drunk. All I wanted was the earth to swallow me down. The alcohol didn't help me drown my problems. Instead it made it worse. I was crying uncontrollably..............

............ Until there was darkness

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••