♥a disappointment♥

Tasha

His expression showed mixed feelings about what I just told him. What was I supposed to do? I couldn't betray Henry like that. His silence made me continue, "Nic, we discussed about this and we agreed. I also told you about what I feel towards Hen....." I didn't get to finish because he interrupted.

"STOP!" His voice growled making me flinch. I've never seen Nic this angry and he has never used this tone on me ever. "Hold it right there, Tash." He controlled his voice but it still held some anger in it though it was low than before. "Listen, I love you Tash but you're now crossing the line. I understand we had sex under the influence of alcohol but that doesn't give you the right to deprive the baby his/her own life. And I'm not going to let some pathetic good for nothing dude to become the reason of my child's death. Do you understand? That ain't gonna happen." He stood up and stormed off.

My parents stood up and rushed in the room after seeing Nic storming off.

"What did you say to him?" My father asked.

"I just told him, I want an abortion done." I replied thinking of ways to convince Nic.

"WHAT?!" my parents said in unison and my dad continued. "Are you fucking insane? Is this what we have raised you to be, Natasha? Despite being a mother for two, how could you say that? You want to take an innocent life... Oh my God, I can't believe this is happening." My father looked pissed.

"Dad, I've said this before. I can't do this. Hen..." A slap across my face stopped me from continuing and it made my mother gasp. I couldnt believe my father just raised a hand on me. He has never done that before. Why is everyone not understanding me at all?

"How dare you bring his name up?!" My father growled. "I'm disappointed in you Tasha. You, " he turned to my mother "Talk some sense into her." With that he walked out.

"Mom," she stopped me by her hand.

"Natasha, Why do you bring shame to us all the time, huh?" Her tears were rolling freely down her cheeks. "How can you say that you want to take an innocent baby's life? What has the baby done to you to deserve death huh?"

"Mom." I tried to speak but she cut me off again.

"Stop. I'm very disappointed and this time you went to far. Do you even know how happy he was upon hearing that he's going to be a father?" She sobbed. "You want to kill a baby for what? Henry? The Henry who is busy arranging his own marriage to another woman. When are you going to stop this madness,  Natasha? You need to stop now and move on before its to late." She said and she was about to go but stopped. "Please come to your senses, child. This decision of yours isn't right. Think this through. If not for Nic, then do it for the child."

"But mother, please hear me out." I tried to reason with her but she raised her hand to stop me and left.

I was discharged from the hospital and Hank took me to my house. When I reached the house there were two women assigned by Nic probably to keep an eye on me. They had already prepared some food for me to eat. I freshened up to remove the hospital smell  and went downstairs to eat.

I've tried to get in touch with Nic but he wasn't answering until he decided to switch off his phone. I guess he was still upset so I gave him some time to cool off.

After five hours, I called again and he picked on third ring.

"What?" His voice was hoarse as if he was crying.

"Nic, please let's talk. You need to hear me out." I said.

"I don't want you to try and convince me Tash and I'm not gonna change my decision.  So unless you want to talk to me about our marriage and the wellbeing of the child, don't call me or try to talk to me." He hung up.