Nails. [35]

Next day, after school, and before you ask, Luz did do Bo's shift yesterday, but right now, Amity's house, her room, both on the bed, separate sides. "Human, do tell, what are these acrylics you beings talk about during these so called, story times.."

The Blight held her finger up, meaning she wanted Luz to be quiet, "Kay, talk to you later Noah. Bye." Amity hung up, sitting up, looking over at Luz. "Do you know what a manicure is?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

"AHHH DON'T LET HIM TOUCH ME- AMITY GET THAT THING AWAY! GET IT AWAY! IT HAS THE SAME SOUND OF A FENRIR WHEN ITS HUNGRY! AND THATS NEVER A GOOD SIGN!" Luz shouted, backing up against the Blight.

"Luz oh my god shut up! It's okay! It's alright! It's fine! It doesn't hurt!" Amity exclaimed, trying not to be rude to the witch. "Luz, relax. It's not bad. It's not going to hurt you. Let him do his thing."

Luz whined, shaking her head violently, backing up against the human more, Amity leaning in to her ear. "It's okay Luz, it's okay. I wouldn't have brought you here if they were going to hurt you.." Amity whispered. "It's alright, you're going to be okay if I'm right by you, just relax.."

The witch tensed up before she let herself calm down, but the object went off again, Luz whining, backing up against Amity again. "No no no! I don't trust it! Not safe!"

"Goddamnit! Fine! What would make you comfortable enough to do this?"

A few minutes later.

"You don't need to look," Amity sighed. "It's all good."

Luz let out another whine, cowering in Amity's chest, feeling pressure on her finger as the man filed her nail. "If she keeps moving we won't be able to go on." The male muttered.

"Luz, hey, can you calm down? Just relax. He's not trying to hurt you."

The witch shook her head, Amity rubbing her back gently, shushing her, "I'd never let anyone hurt you, you know that.."

"You did.."

Amity tensed up, Luz trembling a bit, feeling like that was a rude response, and felt as though she'd get hurt. "And I regret it.."

Luz pulled back a bit, looking up at the Blight, "I didn't mean to do it..I've just been asked out far too often and they've done weird things to catch my attention..I thought you were one of them, so I sent them to hurt you..And I regret it..Every day.." Amity said quietly. "But I won't let anyone do that anymore, so you have to trust me when I tell you, this won't hurt.."

"I..I'm trusting you Amity.."

The human smiled softly, pulling Luz back down, and rubbing her back. "Now relax, so he can finish.."

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Three hours. And Luz didn't like them. It took them three hours to do that because Luz kept flinching and all that effort, for her not to like them. She bit them off not even a minute after the man did it, wanting to go again so she could keep hugging Amity. "Ms.Blight.." The man whined. "Why..?"

"Luz you'll be like, kinda cool with nails. Why did you take them off?"

Luz leaned in, whispering in her ear, hiding her hand away from the man, and flexing her fingers. "Oh." Amity blurted out. "Well- Do you want to put nail polish on?"

The witch huhed, looking up at Amity, tilting her head to the side a bit, one of her ears perking up, the other slanted. "The weird gooey hardening thing?"

"No that's acrylic powder- Nail polish was the thing with the strong smell."

The man was silently crying, sliding over the nail polish Amity picked out for Luz, the Blight taking it, showing it to the witch. Luz hissed quietly, covering her nose, being able to smell it through the container. "No no! It's smelly! Repelling!"

"Well it'll be temporary, you can wash your hands after it's dried and the smell will go away. Do you want a color changing one?"

"Color changing?"

^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^°•^

Luz got it on her ring fingers, the rest of her nails being white. She didn't like it. It was pretty to look at! But she wouldn't find any clothing that'd match it. "I'm free for another hour or two, want to go get some overalls that actually come in your size?" Amity asked, looking down at the witch.

"Hm?" Luz hummed, having gotten distracted by the color changing nails.

"Overalls. Last time we went, they were all too big for you. Remember?"

"Oh yes! That'd be appreciated, I have gotten a bit tired on cuffing my overalls more then once."

Luz flexed her fingers again, poking Amity with her nail, the human waving her off, "Don't do that."

"You reminded me I could do this," Luz began, holding up her hand, having sharp nails. "It's been awhile since I've done it, I used them to mark something important if I didn't have a pencil to underline it."

"We use highlighters."

"High..Lighters..? Whatever for?" Luz asked, a hint of curiosity in her tone.

"To mark things important."

"Important?"

"Mhm."

Luz hummed quietly, flexing her fingers again, her now confirmed claws retracting. "Mall?"

Amity nodded, "Mall."

To be continued.