💖Chapter 22💖

Petra's POV.

I opened my eyes from the sun beaming on my pillow. I turned over to Yona who was in light pajamas.

I was also in pajamas but they were thicker. Yona was peacefully sleeping, I haven't seen her..so calm before. I got up carefully, tucking her in I backed away and walked to the basement. The hatch was opened since I forgot to close it while making out with her when we were making our way up the stairs.

It was so hot..I shook my head and walked downstairs. Scout squeaked when he saw me. I gave him a little wave and looked around the Lab.

Everything was a bit damaged, but it didn't look very hard to fix.

I opened a drawer that was surprisingly full of stuff. It was full our just random junk, I was about to close it until I noticed a small box in there I picked it up. It was a dark velvet color.

It had a lock on it so I couldn't open it. What is she hiding in here? She has only one key that I know of and it's around her neck.

If I can just get that...I ran upstairs being as silent as possible. I carefully walked over to her, the key around her neck was behind her. It would be easier to unbuckle it but it will be harder to take it off.

I shook as my hands grew closer to her neck. I quickly tried to unbuckle the necklace. I heard Yona grunt and get up. "Petra. What are you doing."

"Nothing..."

"Are you? Trying to take my necklace off?" She asked. I nodded in embarrassment. "You found the box didn't you." She sighed.

I nodded. She got out of bed staring at me.

She held her hand out and I gave it to her, she grabbed the key and unlocked the box. I anticipated to see what was inside.

"I was waiting until Christmas but..." She said getting down on one knee. She grabbed my hand presenting the ring inside the box.

I covered my mouth feeling tears starting to gather up, "Petra Ral, when I met you on the battlefield you were the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. I love you so much and even though we are still young we can get married if we wanted to."

I made a small laugh, "So will you marry me?" She asked holding the box up.

It was a silver ring with a diamond in the middle. I knew exactly what to say... "Yes..." I cried.

Yona also started to tear up, she grabbed the ring and put it on my finger. I kissed her deeply. "Yona I love you so much."

"I love you too..." We both embraced each-other. A knock was heard at the door and we both pulled away, I quickly took of the ring and placed it down. Yona opened the door to reveal Eld.

"Hey Yona."

She smiled welcoming him. "What are you doing here so early?" She asked, "Well, today was the winter ball. Historia asked me and my fiancé to help decorate. I was wondering if you want to join." He asked.

"We would love to!" I said. "Alright, I'll see you both in the ball room." He exclaimed and walked out of the room.

We both looked at each other and giggled. "I guess we'll save the party for tonight." I said quickly kissing her and walking out of the room.

I walked down the hall admiring the art work. I soon arrived at the ball room where Eld and his Fiancé were decorating.

Eld was doing the tables and Mia was sweeping.

Mia quickly turned to see me. She smiled brightly and walked over, "Hello Petra!" She exclaimed.

"Hello Mia.." I said. I was still so excited from Yona's proposal so it was obvious that something happened in her room.

"You seem super happy today!" Mia said. I nodded hastily, I heard a faint scream come from down the hallway, "What was that?" Mia asked.

"Not sure but I'll check." I said.

"I'll go too." Eld exclaimed walking towards me.

I sighed shaking my head, me and Eld started to walk down the hallway. "Hey Petra." He said.

"Mm?" I replied. "Do you ever feel like something is...coming?" He said keeping his voice as low as possible.

"Like danger?" I asked.

"Yeah, I mean, what if someone or something tries to do the same thing to us that they did to Yona's family." He asked as we arrived at the door of her room.

"I'm not sure." I said.

Both me and Eld peeked into Yona's room. She was just standing there, she looked like as if she just saw a ghost. "Yona, are you okay?" I asked grabbing her arm.

"I'm fine just..." She sighed looking at the balcony. "He's back.."