bonus - "you wanna do that again?"

bonus chapter #1: you wanna do that again?

hmmm... omg wait ......... is this just all the smut i kept from you in the first chapter of this story ???? ........ guess you'll have to read to find out <3

ON A WEEKEND IN... MAY? "Challenged accepted."

"Did I give you a challenge?" I asked, tilting my head to the side as I stopped walking.

"I'll show you that I'm worth that," he said, nodding his head. "I'm Luke."

The sly smirk that had been on my face suddenly vanished as I finally realized who the guy was. He was Luke Hemmings. There was no chance that I could possibly be smooth enough to have Luke Hemmings thinking I was worth his time.

"Uh—I'm Josie." Not wanting him to feel as though I was only interested because of who he was, I simply decided to keep up the facade of not knowing.

"Josie," he repeated, likely thinking it would help him remember it. "Well, Josie, I can promise you that if you give up a night of talking to heaps of lonely bachelors for me, you'll be better off."

"Is that so?" I asked, taking a step toward him before taking a sip of my drink. He took a step toward me as well, causing us to only be about a foot apart.

"I can guarantee it." I scoffed at his confidence, but it was clear he wasn't backing down from his stance.

"Okay, Luke. Let's see what you've got."

"C'mere," Luke motioned his head back toward the bar—we found two empty seats and sat down beside each other. "I'm gonna order shots—wanna partake?"

"Hmm... trying to get me drunk as quickly as possible? Not exactly my type of guy," I warned him as I took another sip of my drink. I looked away from him for a moment, wanting him to think he wasn't doing a good job of keeping my attention.

"Hey, that's not what I'm doing!" Luke defended, resorting to some type of damage control. I laughed at the genuine worry that was laced in his tone as I looked back at him. "The shots are for me, I was simply being nice by offering you one or two."

"Aw, I'm so flattered," I teased which caused him to cock his eyebrow before letting out a scoff. "I don't want you any drunker than me—that wouldn't be any fun. I'll play your game, Luke."

After asking me what I preferred, he ordered four shots of vodka—two for each of us. He did one first, then I did one of mine—then we got a little giggly and looped our arms before taking our second.

"Fuck that," I grimaced as the alcohol hit the back of my throat. My whole body shuttered in reaction to the taste and I took a drink of my screwdriver as a chaser, which wasn't the best idea, but anything was better than the remnants of straight vodka. Luke had laughed loudly at my reaction which caused me to blush, but even he had made a face at the second shot. "Don't you act so tough." I gently pushed on Luke's shoulder and he sent me a grin.