"i like consistency, that's all"

chapter eleven: i like consistency, that's all

reminder that pics (not gifs) mean luke isn't present in the chapter !!!!!! also this pic

reminder that pics (not gifs) mean luke isn't present in the chapter !!!!!! also this pic .... and the pics from this day ........ MESS ME UP !!!!!! ok

SUNDAY MORNING. It was early, I was sitting at the island in our kitchen eating a bagel I had made for myself a few minutes before. I was tiredly looking over at the coffee machine as it brewed the coffee I was in dire need of.

Jenna and Danny were planning to come over at around noon, and I had told Madalyn that I would clean up. She and Howie had a late night, so I wanted to give them a chance to sleep in.

I was scrolling through Twitter, like I did most of the time nowadays, and I sighed quietly as I exited the app. I went to my messages to see if Luke had texted me back from the day before.

I hadn't heard from him since yesterday morning, when I left at nine-thirty. He had made me breakfast and we had a nice talk—I left early because we had gotten a little involved in the kitchen and I decided that it was probably best I leave before we made any decisions that could end in not having enough time to get me out of the door before one of the boys showed up.

I had sent him a text once I made it home that included a funny apology about leaving him to please himself, and then another referring to something I had seen on Twitter later in the day. But I hadn't heard back from him. I didn't want to care, but I thought it was strange.

I got up from my chair once I heard the coffee maker go and I walked up to the counter, waiting for the cup to fill before taking it back over to where I was sitting. I added a couple of things to make my coffee just the way I liked it.

I got back on Twitter as I waited for my coffee to cool a little and I noticed that I had a message on the app. I pressed on the message icon and my face broke out into a smile as I read Calum's name in my DMs. I was surprised, but I also found it funny.

I opened his message to see he had shared a tweet with me and said 'This is the most accurate tweet I've seen in a couple days.' The tweet was from a 5SOS fan's account.

riya @calmdown5sos
i've watched the new interview probably 20 times and all i have learned is that josie culley is the most patient and sweet human being on this planet. some of the tangents the boys go on r maddening but she doesn't even act annoyed

I laughed quietly to myself and bit my lip gently as I typed back a message.

@josieculls
That you boys are
maddening? Or that I'm
patient and sweet? 😇

I cringed after sending the message and wished I was better at talking to new people. People who knew me were aware that I was the worst at texting.

I went back to browsing through my feed and found a few more of those video edits of Luke and myself, but I also found a couple that were of Calum and me.