"i could never get enough of you"

chapter forty-eight: i could never get enough of you

*warning: !!!!  smut !!!!

FRIDAY NIGHT. After three glasses of wine and one of the best family dinners I've had in the last decade, I was all smiles as I sat beside Luke on the porch swing. Sunny was at our feet and I was sure I had never felt so at peace. We were talking with my family, like we had been all night long, and I couldn't quite believe how quickly they had come to like him.

"You know, Luke, Gabe's been learning how to play guitar for a couple years now. He's gotten pretty good, but refuses to get any help." I looked over at my mom as she began speaking and then glanced to see that Gabe seemed mildly embarrassed.

"Oh, yeah?" Luke asked, placing his attention on Gabe.

"I thought it'd be easier, honestly... but now that I know it takes so much time, all I want to do is get better at it," Gabe told him with a shrug of his shoulders. "I just feel like there's not enough time in the day to get good enough."

"Would it be okay if we go check out your skills?"

"Yeah! You'd want to?" Gabe asked, clearly excited by Luke's request.

"Of course," Luke said with a nod. "Is that okay?" Luke looked at me, as if he needed permission, which caused me to laugh.

"You kids run along, we'll be here." Luke smiled and pecked my lips before standing up, which caused my cheeks to burn and my smile to grow. Gabe led him into the house and I smiled as I watched him go.

"So, when's the wedding?" Camden asked, snickering to himself as he hid behind the beer he was nursing.

"Cam, stop," I told him with a roll of my eyes.

"Okay, maybe that's a little far, but... honestly, Jo—he's great," Cam said as he sent me a genuine smile. "I don't think I've ever appreciated a guy you were interested in before, but this time is different."

"I'd have to agree, baby." I looked over at my mom and couldn't help but smile at their words. "He's so good to you."

"Even I'm a fan of the guy." I looked at my dad to see him smiling as he spoke.

"He really is wonderful, Josie." I looked at my grandma, almost unable to believe the amount of praise Luke was currently getting. "It's refreshing to see you so happy. It reminds me of how precious being young and in love is."

"You don't still feel young and in love, Selly?" My grandma giggled quietly at my grandpa's question. She reached over and grabbed his hand, before entwining their fingers.

"You make me feel like the youngest, prettiest girl in the world, Arch." I watched as my grandparents kissed, before pulling away with grand smiles on their faces. "You do love him, don't you?"