"wanna hear a secret?"

chapter thirty-three: wanna hear a secret?

MONDAY MORNING. The prior morning had come and gone; I made Luke pancakes that were surprisingly good, we planned out our week, and I left after getting Luke in a hoodie that perfectly covered the marks I had left on his neck.

Today had been a long morning of meetings and I was currently fighting off the urge to lose all my energy as Tony talked specifically to me about her plans for me. She had been talking at me for so long that I was beginning to wilt and was impatiently waiting for the chance to get a word in.

"So, what do you think?" Tony asked me, suddenly bringing me back to reality. I realized I had no clue what she was referring to and began to panic.

"If we're starting this thing next week, we're going to need to get a solid idea established pronto." I looked over at Molly as she spoke and knew that I had really messed up by zoning out.

"Speaking as a close friend—I think you'd do great with the beauty idea but you might like to think about that music or literature route, as well?" I looked over at Emma and genuinely thought about running to her side just to kiss her out of gratitude. "That's if you're really interested in the review segment idea."

"What if we just didn't tie ourselves down to one area? What if we just simply started a first impressions segment. And whatever the viewers are interested in hearing about, we review? Whether it be a new album, a new book, a movie, or a beauty product? Hell, I could review clothing brands, alcohol brands... milk, even." Tony laughed at my words and Molly joined in; it was a supportive laugh, which comforted me.

"Josie... that's a brillant idea," Tony told me with a smile. "I love it! Why tie you down? You're right." I glanced at Emma to see her smiling and, thinking about how many times she had saved me in these meetings, I suddenly got an idea.

"What if it wasn't a solo segment? I mean... who's going to want to hear one opinion on something? What if... Emma cohosted?" Emma's eyes widened and her previous smile was replaced with a look of genuine shock, laced with worry. "It wouldn't have to always be Emma, but it could be? We have good chemistry—our back and forth is good... I just think it would spice things up."

"I mean..." Molly started to speak, looking over at Tony before making a final statement. "I really like that idea. Pat's never let anyone cohost and I've always said the show would be better if we had someone to play off of Pat. I've always wanted to see that kind of thing work."

"If Molly's interested, I am too—Emma?" Tony looked over at Emma at the end of her statement and I watched as Emma brought herself to the conversation. She had clearly left for a second, mentally, but she was back.