"do your worst"

chapter fifteen: do your worst

y'all ready?? some of u might be mad by the end of this chapter

y'all ready?? some of u might be mad by the end of this chapter ... oops !!

FRIDAY EVENING. I had gotten home from work almost two hours ago and was trying to find something to eat. I had a long day at the office and was dying to relax for a little while. While it was a long day, it had also been a good day. We had a meeting on Wednesday about basic plans for the upcoming week, but today had been the meeting with the boys.

We were all really excited about next week. We were filming a video each day, and sometimes we were filming two a day. It was going to be exhausting, but we had a couple of really good ideas that should get a lot of views. It would help not only to further get our name out there, but get their fans excited as well.

Luke and I hadn't seen each other outside of work since he came over Tuesday night, and I had enjoyed us just texting and getting to know each other more.

Well, we might have had a moment after breakfast Wednesday morning... and it might have made us both ten minutes late getting to the office.

Part of me was praying he'd ask me to come over that night, but part of me was also still thinking that it might be for the best if we didn't do anything for a while.

After a couple more minutes of deciding what I was in the mood to eat, I decided that a grilled cheese would have to do. I wasn't in the mood to fully give my attention to a recipe or directions of any kind.

While I was in the process of making my food, my phone began to ring. I grabbed my phone from the counter and smiled when I saw Luke's name.

"Hey," I answered casually, pressing the phone to my ear with my shoulder as I continued to focus on the grilled cheese I was making.

"Hey, you," Luke replied, a smile clear in how he spoke. "What're you up to right now?"

"I'm making a really complicated dinner, actually," I told him, mostly wanting to know how he'd respond.

"Hmm... let me guess, are you using the oven to heat something up rather than the microwave?" I laughed at Luke's response and he immediately began to promise that he was kidding.

"I'm making a grilled cheese—it's not complicated."

"Stove work, huh? I'm proud," Luke joked which caused me to blush. "I have a proposition for you."

"Let's hear it," I told him, barely able to avoid the pounding of my heart as I became excited.

"I am having a little get together tonight... and thought maybe you'd like to come?"

"What qualifies as a little get together?" I wondered, thinking that could mean plenty of different things. I already knew I wanted to go, but I wanted some answers first.