"is that a promise?"

chapter forty-two: is that a promise?

(chapter starting a/n ???? idk what happened here)

while i was typing the luke portion of the last chapter, i was listening to 'out of the woods' by taylor swift and have become obsessed w/ it bc i think it could be josie & luke's song ........... sorry, i don't make the rules. it's all that i can listen to while i type

ok and i was just thinking ab how u guys literally have no clue what to expect when starting a new chapter (bc that's how this works) but i would b SO frazzled by some of my chapter titles HAHAHA i don't know why i just know thought ab it but ....... i feel like i would read my chapter titles and just get SO curious to know what was gonna happen or what they titles MEAN...... or maybe i'm just trying to project onto you all that u should be extra curious about this one ........ but probably not. why would i do that? .....

also ......... this is my official warning that there is a glimpse of SEXUAL CONTENT in this chapter !!! read at ur own risk!!!! it's truly a small lil portion but ... it's there ...... like honestly it's only about 4 sentences ....... i wish i were kidding. u guys r gonna call me a tease. i'm just building ur tolerance & patience ........ but still i'm gonna warn u bc it's there ..... it really is .... seriously ..... i promise ...... trust me

TUESDAY MORNING. I started to wake up in response to somebody trying to get my attention. Instead of a simple shake or poke, I felt a pair of familiar lips trailing down my neck. I smiled as I realized Luke was waking me up in his own way, but I also felt too tired to be so playful.

"Stop," I whined as I gently pushed Luke away, my eyes still closed as I started to roll over.

"Not so fast, missy," Luke whispered as he pulled me closer to him, causing me to giggle as he held me tightly against his chest. "You told me to wake you up, lazy head."

"Five more minutes," I groaned out as I turned in his arms, cuddling into his chest. Luke let out a chuckle which caused his whole chest to vibrate, but it made me smile. His lips curled against the top of my head as he left a kiss in the midst of my messy hair.

"I had a dream about you," Luke whispered, clearly not wanting me to actually get that five more minutes. My eyes finally shot open—my interest had been piqued.

"What kind of dream are we talking about?" I asked Luke as I brought my hands up to the chain that was around Luke's neck—I started to play with it but was careful not to pull on it.

"It was actually sort of lovely," Luke said softly, which caused my heart to flutter. "Usually I have not so lovely dreams about you... in a couple of different ways, if you know what I mean."