"beck and call"

chapter six: beck and call

(when luke is not actually in chapters, i will post a pic instead of a gif

(when luke is not actually in chapters, i will post a pic instead of a gif........ is this a good system?? i dunno... but heads up: luke is not physically in this chap!!)

MONDAY NIGHT. It was past ten o'clock when I parked my car in the lot of my apartment complex. I was praying that Madalyn and Jenna had given up on me and decided to go to bed, but I also knew that my luck had never been stellar.

As I made it upstairs to the front door of my apartment, I entered quietly as I tried my best to sneak in. I couldn't believe I had actually agreed to Luke's insane idea of sneaking around, sleeping together... but knowing it was something I had to look forward to also excited me. I was a little torn.

I locked the door behind me and slowly made my way through the hall to the living room. As I crept in, I glanced over toward the couches and saw Madalyn and Jenna looking straight at me. I jumped out of surprise but began to laugh as I shook off my initial feeling of being startled by their presence.

"Young lady," Madalyn said as she gave me a look. "It's past your curfew."

"You're a loon," I told her, laughing to myself as I joined them on the couch. They were both staring at me intently. "Are you guys okay?"

"Joseline! You spent the day with 5 Seconds of Summer! You interviewed them and hung out with them! Also... you're getting home at least two hours later than we expected! You have so much explaining to do." Madalyn was clearly not wanting me to waste any of her time.

"Luke could not have been more obvious about having a thing for you during the interview," Jenna said, immediately beginning the conversation.

"Are you serious?" I asked her, knowing that I had seen plenty of tweets about the way Luke was looking at me. "Why do you say that?"

"Every time you spoke, he just looked at you with... something in his eyes. If you were just some random interviewer that I didn't know, I'd be so interested in why he looked at you that way." I looked over at Madalyn as she answered my question and I was surprised to hear her words. "But because I know you... I know why."

"So many people are talking about the chemistry you two had," Jenna told me, pointing down at her phone. "Also so many people are talking about his mystery girl."

"They seemed to really have a good connection with you... it was a really good interview, Jo." I smiled as Madalyn changed the subject for a time and thanked her.

"When Calum called you pretty, I thought Mads was going to pass away—"

"I can't believe you've casually spoken to Calum Hood! As well as Ashton and Michael? Josie, it's insane. Please tell us everything. Are they nice? Are they annoying? Did you fall in love with any of them?"