Chapter 42

**YOUR POV**
I had no idea what would happen next. I was just scared, scared about the baby. Something has to be wrong with it or why else would I still be feeling any movement. My arm instinctively wrapped around my bump, holding it in a way I hoped to do soon with my baby but probably wouldn't because they would take it away from me to get checked out.

I got pulled out of my trance when I heard the door opened. My heart jumped for a second thinking it could be Harry but it wasn't him.
He is most certainly going to have a heart attack the moment he looks at his phone and sees thousands of missed calls from me, Gemma and the hospital and I don't even start on the messages we've sent him.

He would be devastated if he missed the birth of his baby and I couldn't even do it without him by my side. The only problem was I didn't want to put the baby at risk so when the doctor says it has to come out now, I have to listen to them.

„Y/n? Are you okay?" nurse Olivia asked as she slowly came in my room.
„Mhm." was the only thing that escaped my mouth. I was scared, scared of doing this all by myself.
Nurse Olivia stood beside my bed and held gowns in her hand while Gemma sat on the couch with her phone pressed to her ear.
I prayed that she would finally get through to him.
The nurse then handed me the gowns. I got up and slowly made my way to the bathroom.
I wanted to pull up my shirt when I realized my hands were shaking. It wasn't just my hands, it was my whole body. I struggled taking off my leggings because of how they were shaking.
I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked at my baby bump and how small my little baby would be in there. Too small, too small and not ready to come out yet, especially not when I had no idea where the daddy was.

I couldn't figure out why he was not answering his phone, why they all couldn't answer their phones. Espescially since I was pregnant he had his phone on him everywhere he went in case something happened.
He didn't look at his phone for four hours now, the worst four hours in my life. The thought of going through this experience without him was scary, scary as hell.
The one time I needed him more than ever he was nowhere to be found.
I got out of the bathroom to nurse Olivia who was already waiting for me.
„Y/n could you get up on the bed for me please?" she asked and I followed her instruction and got onto the bed.
She checked my blood pressure, took some blood samples and insertrd a cannula in the back of my hand.

Eventually doctor Cooper came back, she had now changed into dark blue scrubs.

„Still no father?" she asked.
I shook my head with sadness in my eyes.
„I'm sorry Y/n but I can't hold off any longer." she said.
„It's okay." I whispered my voice cracking. It was far from okay but I had to do this.

Doctor Cooper went through the actual process of surgery with me. She made me aware of what would happen and what the risk factors were.

Doctor Cooper and nurse Olivia directed me then out of the room and we went together through the corridor that led to the theatre.

„So we will take you in first, put in the spinal anaesthesia etc and once you're laying down and you are comfortable, we can bring in Gemma to be with you during surgery.
Gemma, nurse Olivia will show you where you can get changed into scrubs before you come in." doctor Cooper explained.

Gemma nodded at doctor Cooper and gave my hand a squeeze as she looked back at me.

„Are you okay?" Gemma whispered as we made our way through the doors.
I shook my head because there were no words to describe how I felt right now. The only person I could think about was Harry and where he was.
But whatever happened the next few hours I will do everything to bring this little muffin safely into this world with Harry or without him. In just a few hours I will see our baby.

Gemma now had to go with nurse Olivia while I was led into the theatre. There were lots of people in the room already waiting for me.
A few nurses were standing around a small plastic cot. They dressed it with sheets and prepped it with blankets.
It was weird thinking that my baby would be in that cot shortly.

„This is nurse Lily, she will get you prepped while I scrub in okay?" doctor Cooper told me.
I smiled weakly as she disappeared into another room.

„Okay so this is what happens Y/n. We'll help you up on the bed where doctor Miller will insert your anesthetic, it will kick in quickly so we need you to lie down gently, we'll get you to swing your legs up at the same time you lie back. We are here to help with everything and guide you through this. We will then test to make sure the spinal block is working. After that we can get Gemma back in and can get your baby out soon. Do you know what you're having?" nurse Lily explained.

I think I forgot half of what she told me but at least I could answer the question.
„No, my boyfriend and I wanted it to be a surprise." I said.

„That's sweet." nurse Lily smiled at me while she helped me getting up on the bed.
Doctor Miller then came in and instructed me how to sit and and everything so he could get the best access to insert a gigantic needle in my back that I was fucking scared of.

„Please try and stay still." he said after he spread the numbing cream on my back.
„Not that easy." I whispered as I felt his hands steady my back. I held tight to nurse Lily's hand as I felt the needle go into my skin.

„Relax, it's almost over." Nurse Lily said as the doctor took back out the needle.

„Now feet up and lie back gently and don't worry we've got you." doctor Miller said as they all helped me to lie down on the bed.
I got hooked up to different machines like heart monitor and blood pressure monitor.
Doctor Miller sprayed on me with a cold air spray to check if I still could feel anything and I felt nothing.
Finally doctor Cooper appeared again.
„How are you feeling?" she asked.
„Fine." I smiled.

„You're doing really well Y/n." Nurse Lily told me who was standing beside me.

„You can bring Gemma in now." I heard doctor Coopers voice and I felt an instant relief when I heard that.

„I looked to the left as doctor Cooper moved away so I could see her in the doorway.
A familiar body came walking into the room.

„The father arrived...."