Ships Adventures(short side story)

Ship was awoken from his sleep, he saw Ben peacefully sleeping. He crawled out of bed, and grabbed his squeaky toy. He crawled to Ben's pictures.

    He stress at the picture of him, and Julies playing together. He stayed there staring at the picture, remembering all the fun adventures he had with Julie, his first owner.

    He remembers how she took care of him, and he protected her. He grew sad, sad that he wasn't able to save her when Vilgax killed her. He thought that Ben would hate him for not saving her but Ben did nothing but take care of him.

    He wished Ben didn't try to off himself when they were still in their previous world, but now Ben is starting to become happy, and that makes him happy.

     Ship takes his squeaky toy and head out of Ben's room. He crawls all the way to the kitchen. He bits the cabinet door and tries to open it.

    Thankfully Captain Marvel was there to help Ship open the door. He poured some food out for Ship to eat.

    Captain Marvel was awwing and cooing at Ship at how adorable he was eating. Ship was just trying to eat peacefully.

    "Awww look at how adorable you are eating your breakfast!!" Captain Marvel cooed

   "Ship!" Ship barks

    Captain Marvel left shortly after, having to go out on patrol in his city. Shortly after Ship finished his breakfast.

   Ship crawled around the Watchtower exploring the area on his own, while playing with toy.

     He found Batman near the zeta-tubes heading to the cave where the teens are. He crawls up to Batman to join him.

    Batman looks down, nothing Ship next him on the zeta-tubes.

    "Where's Ben?" Batman whispers to Ship hoping to understand him

   "Ship." Ship barks in response

    "I'm going to assume you said he's still asleep." Batman assumes. "You want to meet the kids?"

    "Ship!" Ship barks in an affirmative tone

    Batman sighs, teleporting himself and Ship to the cave. Batman steps out of the tubes and find the kids, sitting on the couch. They had a fight with some robot named Mr. Twister.

    The kids turn their attention to Batman not noticing Ship down below. Batman walks up to the teens wanting their mission report.

    Ship crawls up Miss Martian leg. She exclaims in surprise, she picks up Ship and sets him on her lap. Everyone looks at Miss Martian and sees the alien on her lap.

    "Hey is that Ship?!" Kid Flash asks in excitement

   "Who?" Miss Martian asks

    "Ship! It's Omni-Xs pet dog. He's this really cool hero. Not much is known about him, all people know or Flash will tell me is he's from another universe who saved him and the others during an invasion." Kid Flash explains

    "Ship wanted to meet you guys, before you meet Omni-X." Batman says to the teens. "Guess he doesn't want him to get hurt again."

    "What does that mean?" Robin questions raising an eyebrow.

    "Nothing. Don't worry about it." Batman says walking away.

    Ship was playing with his toy on Miss Martian lap. While getting a feel with what everyone acts like.

    Kid Flash plays with Ship, by grabbing his chew toy and throwing it. Ship jumps off Miss Martian lap and goes to fetch his chip.

   "I have no idea who Omni-X is." Superboy says trying to think back.

    "He's not on the news a lot, and there's not a lot of information about him, he just suddenly appeared one day." Aqualad said to the two new teens.

   Ship grabs his chew toy and heads back to Kid Flash. Kid Flash takes the toy and throws it again. Ship runs towards the toy and grabs it. They teens watch Ship run out of the door heading to the beach.

    They look at Batman wondering if they should go after him.

   "He's fine. Ship can take care of himself." Batman says from the computer.

    Ship runs across the beach, having some water hit him. He squeaks the toy as he heads to the city.

   He looks around the city, exploring every part, having fun. People stop by staring at Ship recognizing him.

    "Mom look it's Omni-X alien pet." One kid shouted

    "Aww look how cute he is with his toy." A women said passing by

    "He looks so cute for something so dangerous." A man says

    Ship passes by a pet shop and sees more chew toys and other dogs and animals. Ship walks in, and looks at the new chew toys. He drops his chew toy, staring at a clean white perfectly shaped bone squeaky chew toy. If he had actual human eyeballs they would be sparking in amazement.

The store owners watch Ship stare at the bone chew toy. The lady walks up to Ship and takes the bone chew toy off the shelf. Ships follows the chew toy, he sees the lady taking off the cardboard flaps and the tags. She hands the chew toy to Ship.

He gracefully takes the toy in his mouth and squeaks it. He heads out of the store, with his old toy and his new one, he heads back to the Watchtower, and shows Ben his new bone chew toy.

Ben laughs at Ship and pets his head. He takes the toy and throws it, playing with Ship b

900 words