Chapter 35

October 10

Everyone in the room turns to the man in the suit and top hat with a cane-that he's not using-standing in the zeta-tubes as he moves outside it and then uses a holoscreen without a word to them.

The Zeta-tubes lights up again and Zatara steps up. "Zatanna, this is the team. Team this is my daughter, Zatanna." she looks very much liker her father with the dark black hair that falls over her shoulder and is parted on the left side, and skin tone. The only difference being her baby blue eyes, and that she's wearing a school uniform.

M'gann flies over to the clearly nervous girl, landing easily. "Hi, I'm-"

"Robin." the Boy Wonder cuts her off with a bout of vibrancy and a wave, the clears his throat as he steps up. "I mean, I'm Robin. Ah, she's Megan, uh and that's Wally, Artmis, Kaldur and Connor." even Connor is giving her a smile. "Omni-X isn't here for some reason."

"Welcome to the cave." Kadur offers.

"Uh, thanks." Zatanna says quietly, looking over at her dad.

"So, uh, you-you are you joining the Team?" Robin stutters.

"Eh, now let's not get ahead of ourselves." Zatara speaks up his voice shakes a little as steps closer to his daughter again. "This is strictly a visit." he turns to Canary. "Though, I am sorry we missed training. It's something from which Zatanna could benefit."

M'gann looks curiously at the team. "Do the rest of you guys get the impression we're still on probation with Zatara?"

Robin faces her instantly and Zatanna does as well, making it hard to tell if M'gann accidentally included her in the link.

"Not just Zatara. I mean, why is Marvel still hangin' around?" Connor asks his annoyance coming through waves.

Wally pipes up in Captain's defense. "Because we like having him around."

Artimis turns on the ginger. "YOU like having him around 'cause he waits on you and foot."

"And your point is?"

"Even Omni-X doesn't hang around here anymore." M'gann added, missing his older brother presence.

Wally and Robin looks away from the team's face, acting like they know something.

"It's almost makes one nostalgic for Red Tornado's tenure as our supervisor." Kaldur says.

Robin lets a sarcastic half chuckle through the link."Yeah, at least he trusted us."

"If you ignore the fact we shouldn't have trusted him." Connor snarls, seeming to forget that while he can't be heard his very obvious hand gestures can be seen, something which annoys, Zatanna. He was traitor. That machine nearly got M-all of us killed!"

"Are you guys having a psychic conversation?" Zatanna asks, catching the entire room's attention. "Cause I can't decide if that's cool or, uh, really rude."

Connor can either feel the adult's expectant looks or something else tips him off since he raises an eyebrow but doesn't even look at the two of them before speaking. "Alright, fine. We were talking about Tornado. It's been weeks since his attack and the League hasn't told us anything.

"The league is searching for Tornado as well as the other Androids that invaded the cave and their creator T.O. Morrow." Canary says strongly. "Batman's made tracking them down our highest priority."

"But you've found none of the above." Robin objects

"Not yet, but Tornado is Justice league. The team is not to pursue this."