Chapter 26

Batman knocked on Ben's door. He waited for a reply, but got no response. He walked in, taking a peek inside to see Ben sitting on his floor, tears running down his face and Ship trying his best to cheer him up.

Batman walked inside his room, and sat down on Ben's bed right next to Ben. He didn't say anything to Ben, he just stayed silent waiting for Ben to speak first.

"Why is he racist to me? Why isn't he racist to Manhunter or Superman? Why only me?" Ben asks Batman through his sniffles.

"Your a kid who can turn into over a million aliens each with different strengths and weaknesses, not a lot of people understand that and some people don't like what they don't understand." Batman responded. "And it's not just you. Manhunter and even Superman get hate. They don't understand the fact that they're is life outside this world."

"I hate the news. That man is just like Will Harangue. He was a newscaster back in my old world. He would always try to denounce me and get the public to turn on me. He would sometimes edit videos of me but then he would go and praise other hero's." Ben said to him.

"That's news for you kid. They can be stuck up pricks who hate some hero's and praise others, I know it's hard but you need to ignore him. He's most likely out to get you, to find your secrets and make it seem like your a bad guy." Batman tried to advised Ben.

"Why does all the news people hate me? First Will then this guy. I just want people to like me as the hero I am." Ben cried even more.

"Ben, people do love you as the hero you are. Not all the news people hate you, take a look at the other people you always see besides that one guy. Will and this guy is just trying to get publicity and attention, what they say isn't actually true." Batman said to Ben putting his hand on his shoulder.

"But why me? Why can't people just leave me alone? I just want to keep save people and make them happy, it's what they would want me to keep doing." Ben asked Batman mumbling the last part to himself.

"People like to be in other people's business, because they have nothing interesting to talk about their own lives. But you can't let those people keep bringing you down. There are people still counting on you to save them." Batman tried to reassure him.

Ben took a few deep breaths and calmed down. He nodded at Batman in understanding.

"How about you go to their grave and talk to them for a couple of minutes and then you meet me and my place for dinner." Batman suggested

"Your inviting me for dinner at your place?" Ben asked confused.

Batman sighs. "Robin invited Kid Flash over for dinner since he knows our identity now when you guys went to the movies and I'm sure those two are worried about you." He said honestly. "Plus you haven't had a proper meal. For almost a year now I've only seen you eat ramen, sandwiches, cereal, toast and ice cream. Alfred would be disappointed in you."

Ben gave a small laugh at that statement. "Okay, I'll be there." He said to Batman.

"Okay also, tomorrow we have a meeting and two days from now it's your day to monitor." Batman reminded him as he left Ben's room.

Ben looked at Ship who was giving him sad dog eyes worried about him. "Hey Ship. Sorry for worrying you. Someone just gave me bad memories." He said to him, picking him up.

"Ship. Ship." Ship barked.

"How about we go do what Batman said and go talk to them, yeah?" Ben said.

Ben put his tinted sunglasses on and head out of his room and to the zeta-tubes.

Ben teleported to Gotham cemetery, and went to the stone pathway, looking for their graves.