Chapter 34

The image on the screen changed in the cave to reveal the Joker, he taps on the camera lens as if to get everyone's attention. "Ladies and gentlemen, we interrupt your regularly scheduled mayhem to bring you this important announcement..." the Joker opens a switchblade in one hand then uses the other to turn the camera left. "From the Injustice League." The Joker laughs off-camera.

"We are responsible for the attacks on your cities." Count Vertigo starts as the camera zooms in. "If you wish to save them, a ransom of 10 billion American dollars is required. Delivery instructions have been sent to the United Nations. There is no time limit. But the longer your government wait..."

The Joker gloved hand turns the camera away from the other six. "The more we get to have our....jollies." He laughs maniacally until it cuts back to static.

"Roger that, Aquaman." Batman says rather suddenly. "The UN will prepare the ransom as a fallback, but it won't come to that."

The keyboard beeps rapidly as Robin continues to type away. The video rewinds and Robin listing off the members with facial recognition matching them. "Count Vertigo, The Joker, Poison Ivy, Ultra-Humanite, Atomic Skull, Black Adam, Woton. Seven Heavy hitters. "Probably behind nearly everything and everyone we've faced."

"There's your secret society." Wally mummers.

"Not so secret anymore." Artimis says.

"Perhaps after India, they realized we would deduce the truth and saw no point in hiding any longer." Kaldur offers.

"That was their mistake." Ben said.

"Right now I say we go kick some plant ass." Wally clenches his fists.

"The Justice League will handle the plants." Batman denies almost instantly. "I have a different mission for this team."

"Oh, man." Wally whines, but grunts as Artimis hits him in the arm.

"With the plants attacking so many locations simultaneously, there must be a central control system. Your mission is too destroy it."

"You realize what you're asking them to do?" Zatara says as he walks up to Batman and Ben.

"They're ready."

"Ready? Ready for what?" Wally asks, only to be hit in the arm again by Artimis. "Ow will you cut that-"

"Hello, Wally." Artimis purposefully mimics M'ganns phrase but with more bite. "If the big guns are fighting the plants, who do you think we'll be fighting?"

"I don't know, I guess we'll..." he gasps as Artimis arm jabs in front of his face. "Ohhhh." He mumbles.

"We'll, Batman, I trust you're correct." Zatara yields to Batman's determination and how little the team seems daunted by the task.

"I trust you can locate the enemy."

"Indeed. Wotan's involvement suggests sorcery is part of how the plants are controlled." Zatara turns to the team rather suddenly. "Robin, if you will provide a HoloMap, I'll search for signs of concentrated sorcerous activity."

A holographic globe appears in the center of the training room.

Ben watched as Zatara steps up and raises his hands towards the globe. "Etacol retnecipe fo yrecros."

A small red dot appears on the southern part of the US. "There. That is where you will find the InJustice League's central control system."

Robin looks at the readout in front of him. "Coordinates locked in. The Louisiana Bayou."