Ch 2

I was astonished to see that it looks like a chat window in a game, and I reached out my hand and tried to touch it. But my hand lightly penetrated the window as though it were only visible to me.

Then a new text appeared.

[The bored Beings* of the Beginning are interested in your excellent adaptability]

(T/N: 'Beings of the Beginning' refers to some beings who live at the beginning of the world.)

"The Beings of... the Beginning?"

It wasn't Korean, but I could read the writing since it was a buff I got from possessing Ariel.

[The bored Beings of the Beginning are interested in your excellent adaptability]

Even if I reread it, I couldn't understand what the hell it was talking about.

'What is going on?'

After some time, the translucent window gradually became transparent, and the text was gone. I blinked and wondered if I just had a dream.

Tok tok.

Someone knocked from the outside, and the door opened as the handle turned.

I turned my head from the window and looked at the open door.

"......!"

I thought it was Annie because the silver tray flashed in the sun, but it was a man I saw for the first time with my meal.

Wearing a white uniform, he was very tall and broad-shouldered, and his eyes were slightly cold, but his golden pupils contained warm light.

His hair was as brilliant as his eyes, and if my hair were gold in the sand, his would be an intense bright gold as if it had been extracted from a gold thread.

"Ariel."

I stared at him with widened eyes, and then he called me as he put the tray on the table. Only then did I find out who he was.

"I brought you a meal."

The person who always called Camilla by her name when she became a saint in the original story.

A priest with as much influence as the imperial family in the empire, the man who is the chief administrator of this place...

"Reyhas de Elle."

The man who brought Ariel to the temple, the man who made her a fake saint.

His name was whispered from my lips as if it were new.

'De Elle' is a unique title given to the high priest.

When he heard me, his golden eyes glowed, and his red lips formed a faint crescent-like line.

"Are you calling me by my name today?"

"Ah..."

Only then did I recall that Ariel, the fake saint, had used the title 'High Priest' on him. I hurriedly dealt with what I had just done.

It was strange that Ariel, who was not even Camilla, the real saint, who knew she was fake, called him comfortably by his name.

"I'm sorry, High Priest. I daze out too much..."

"It's nice to hear it though?"

But he interrupted me with a soft voice.

When he saw me with a slightly surprised expression, he smiled and jokingly said,