Ch 18

The vast flower garden with sprawled roses was the pride of the temple.

Over a thousand varieties of roses exhibited their beauty, and the fountain of benevolence, which led to the pavilion and deck, was one of Elium’s greatest landmarks.

Three weeks later, when the Elium Rose Festival is held and the gates of the temple are opened, everywhere in the temple will be crowded with people.

In the marble gazebo, which floats beautifully over the pavilion, two men were having a conversation with a table between them.

During the bright day, Reyhas’ blonde hair appeared brighter and so did his golden eyes.

He wore a pure white uniform of a high priest and held a tea cup containing black tea in one hand.

And across from him sat a man with black hair and dark eyes.

Cass Lloyd, the heir and the ruler of Lloyd’s Top.

He was a handsome young man with a sleek, manly jawline.

Cass was resting on his back in a comfortable position like he was familiar here.

At the end of his languid expression was the three black hunting dogs tied to a marble pillar. They were all ferocious dogs.

“I paid good money to bring it in, but it was a pity.”

The man’s lips clattered and a bored tone came out.

“I never thought you’d play with the Blue Wing and throw it out like that.”

It was a clever bird that was difficult to catch and tame, so it was worth more than a thousand francs per bird.

Reyhas, sipping his tea until a few more winds blew, put the teacup down on the table.

“It needs training not to bite its master.”

At Reyhas’ words, the man slightly bent his lips.

“Do you have such training?”

“I don’t do it to dogs, but I’ve done it many times.”

Reyhas smiled softly.

“So did you succeed?”

“Well… was it successful, I wonder.”

Reyhas recalled the face of Annie, who died not long ago.

“It will never bite again anyway.”

He assigned her to aid Ariel, but she dared to be rude.

“I see.”

Cass nodded.

He had an approximate idea of what the ending of the dog trained by the High Priest would have been like.

Cass was one of the most knowledgeable people in the country.

Cass soon reached out to a teacup and drank the cold tea water at once. A mild and fair taste lingered in his mouth.

Reyhas, who was staring at him, opened his mouth after some time,

“Thank you for saving White Rotunia. Elium will not forget Lloyd’s contribution.”

White Rotunia was a rare white rose.

“As Lloyd’s young lord and priest, I simply expressed my little sincerity.”

It is the Elium Festival, where the people of the continent flock to the empire.

In return for saving White Rotunia, Lloyd will receive the benefits of the Elium Festival. It is during the period when all the higher-ups are waiting to taste the special flavor.