Ch 45

I stared at him with bewildered eyes.

The Countess opened her mouth after a brief silence,

“Marquis Lloyd, what are you saying all of a sudden…”

“Hegen, have you gone blind?”

Cass spoke straight to him with a cold expression,

“You can’t even recognize the Saintess’s face?”

He quickly realized I was the saint.

“P… pardon? Saintess?”

The man with a mustache looked as if his eyes were going to pop out at any moment.

I let out a small sigh.

They neglected the poor customer at the department store, but she turned out to be the president’s daughter. Doesn’t this sound like a peripeteia in a drama?

I’m sure they’re aware.

Cass Lloyd is not the type to crack jokes.

“You seem to have stopped by for a while to look for a building for the temple relief project…”

Cass looked me in the eyes and said,

“Did Hegen show you a good building?”

He spoke his words well as if he had put oil on his mouth. With a chic face that seems inflexible.

“No.”

I answered with a sullen face.

Hegen’s eyes widened as he heard that it was for the temple relief project.

Elium is the capital’s largest temple; filled with abundance of donations from nobles, rumors circulate that the temple’s assets are comparable to those of the Imperial Palace.

If Hegen had someone from the temple as a customer, this would be a huge opportunity.

“He said that there is no building. I should go to another agency.”

My words made Hegen’s lips tremble.

“N-no. That’s not it…! Sa-Saintess!”

It was a little funny to see him trembling in embarrassment because of the words I spit out.

I cast a sad look at Hegen and glanced at the ladies. The Countess’s face flushed red. The other ladies were so surprised that they couldn’t even make eye contact with me and their hands were trembling.

“Sa-Saintess!”

Hegen quickly knelt before me.

“How dare these eyes fail to recognize the Saintess…!”

His raised triangular eyes trembled as they became disoriented.

“Oh my, why? You said you don’t deal with buildings in District 10.”

I could have sent it off nicely, but I tend to hold grudges.

“Ah, I don’t know what the High Priest will do if I tell him about today’s event. These difficulties are affecting the temple relief project.”

Hegen’s face darkened. If the believers find out about this, the Hegen Real Estate Agency may face a massive protest or ostracism.

“Saintess, please forgive me!”

“Is the nonavailability of a building something to ask for forgiveness? And…”

I looked at the ladies and said,