Ch 53

We reached a vast rocky valley after about 40 minutes of running.

It was a marvelous and wonderful landscape. The wind-weathered and turned-round rocks were sprouting up like mushrooms.

Kyle got off his horse, and I followed him. The largest of the rocks reached four stories in height, and standing before it felt overwhelming.

An illegible passage was written on the dark red rock.

It was widely known that priests and saints who participated in the Hunting Festival purified this rock. While rock purification does not eliminate all monsters in the Kinston Mountains, it does help keep them at bay.

Even the Queen can’t attack me by pointing out the saint’s duties as long as I complete this mission today.

“……”

I stood, silently staring at the rock. I slowly put my right hand over the surface of the rock.

It was now simple to allow the divine power to flow. I’m not sure about purification, but I thought it might be done in the same way as healing.

The surface of the rock was imbued with divine powers.

Within a few seconds, the letters printed on the rock began to glow.

I thought I was doing a great job of purifying it until I heard Kyle’s voice beside me,

“I’ve never seen such power before.”

Next to me, Kyle’s eyes were on the side of the rock.

Only then did I notice that all of the rocks, not just the purified one, were gleaming and bright.

Small, quiet lights hovered in the air, and the green grass rose quickly from the ground.

“Oh…”

Even I, who was purifying, was astounded, and my eyes widened. Wildflowers flourished here and there on the grass that sprouted up after the purification process was completed.

“Isn’t this how purification is normally done?”

“No way.”

Kyle took a long look around at the breathtaking scenery before turning to face me.

“What are you…”

His red eyes trembled with uncertainty.

With his eyes, he questioned what I had done. Perhaps he was inquiring about my identity.

‘What should I say?’

In fact, I can’t explain it because it was the first time I saw anything like it.

Only a warm breeze broke the silence.

On the way back on horseback, the sky darkened and it began to rain.

Kyle frowned and said,

“The temple forecast set a clear day.”

Temples in the empire also served as weather forecasts.

Even supercomputers can’t get it right, so how can the priests?

Thinking little of it, I told him,

“We should find a place to shelter from the rain for a while.”

It had rained so hard that the ground became invisible in the mud, and my body was already drenched.

After a moment, we came across a cave large enough to fit a horse and entered it. When the horse shook its body, the water splattered all over the place.