Ch 17

I’ve been a little bored the last couple of days.

Borrowing books from the temple’s library, walking around the temple to understand the terrain, and making plans to make money in my own way.

In any case, no more messages about my sacred power appeared, and it was about the same time as even the precious 500 francs of the offering had disappeared in my mind.

I took Daisy with me and went to the garden to get some fresh air.

I always walked to go to the temple library, but today I wanted to go in a different direction. The weather was nice, too.

“I get so much attention from my peers, how envious everyone is of me being with you. But I said nothing about the Saintess!”

Daisy chattered behind me as I strolled while watching the surrounding scenery,

“Even an intermediate-level priestess asked me about your preference for food when she obviously knows the rules of the temple! Of course I cut her off. So I’d like to say that if any bad story about the Saintess spreads in the temple, it never came out of my mouth.”

Daisy is a reliable kid, I think, but she was too skittish. So I used to be overly concerned about things that never happened.

“Yeah. I won’t think it’s your fault, so don’t worry.”

“I’m sorry, I mean…”

Daisy blurted out the end of her words,

“You’re an incredible person, but I’m upset that people don’t know anything about you.”

Daisy’s mind knew.

At the apex of the temple, there stood the two major mountain ranges of the empire, along with the Imperial Palace.

The saint was sacred and authoritative, like the religious leader of a religious state.

However, Ariel has been unable to attend most official events due to her illness, and she was not as influential and popular as the previous saints, so a great deal of rumors were spread.

Even with Reyhas, the high priest who established the fake saint, trying to silence the rumors.

“If it’s something that people need to know, it’s not a big deal.”

Daisy’s eyes shook at my words.

“Therefore I don’t care what anyone says.”

I looked at her and continued,

“So Daisy, you don’t have to mind it either.”

At my words, Daisy nodded with tears in her eyes.

It’s only been a week since she has been under my direct control, and my reputation seems to have bothered her a lot.

“I’m sorry to say such a silly thing, Saintess.”

I smiled at her words and started walking forward again.

The temple’s garden was adorned with really wide and colorful flowers, and I particularly liked the special area where I was walking because it was so quiet that ordinary priests could not enter.

It was when I was walking slowly, stepping on the rustling blades of grass.

Suddenly, there was a slightly different sound in my ears.

When I turned my eyes to the ground, something rustled once again. Only then did I feel there was something in the bushes and leaned down.

“Ah, Saintess…”