Ch 13

Tak tak tak.

My heart was pounding along with the sound of my heels clicking.

"Hey... gods?"

I didn't say anything until I got out of the banquet hall.

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, coughs]

Oh, I guess the mini thunderbolt was Hesed.

"Thank you so much for the thunderbolt."

As soon as I finished talking, the chat window popped out.

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, winks]

[Odyssey, the God of Love, pats Hesed on the back and encourages them]

[Monde, the God of Art, puts down the corn cake they had eaten with a sad expression]

I approached Dwayne, who was waiting, and he opened the door of the carriage for me.

All the way back to the temple, my head was filled with complex thoughts and my face was burning.

"Phew... crazy..."

As soon as I returned to the temple, I went straight to my room and sat down at my desk.

To be honest, I've never done anything to be ashamed of, but it wasn't the case for Ariel. Thanks to her, my innocent self was about to die of shame.

"It would be better to move faster."

I felt a chill down my spine when I recalled Kyle's firm eyebrows and eyes that seemed to want to eat me.

As expected, my escape and self-reliance plans should be pushed forward.

Daisy's eyes when she said that she would only serve me came to my mind, but I tried to shake it off.

A priestess is similar to a civil servant anyway, so she'll make a good living without me.

I pulled out the plans that I had written down with anxious eyes. I thought I should look for a cheaper store or house.

I was about to rummage through real estate books again, but I suddenly thought of something and stopped my hand.

Isn't there a better way than buying a house with this hard earned money? After a while, I opened my mouth,

"Are you there, gods?"

The chat window shined. It was a sign that the gods were responding.
I smiled and pointed to a god.

"Monde, please help me."

[Monde, the God of Art, answers your call]

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

After a while, I told Reyhas that I would participate in a charity art auction.

"This pottery was donated by Count Ballmer. It was used to hold holy water in the ancient Temple of Yuros, let's start with 100 francs."

I was sitting next to Dwayne, the Holy Knight that was assigned to escort me. I wore a plain dress like that of a noble lady since it'll be annoying if anyone finds out that I'm a saint.

The auctioneer continued to show off the cherished items brought by the nobles.

"100 francs!"

"120 francs!"