Ch 27

The end of his long shadow reached my heels. I was surprised by his appearance, but tried not to reveal it.

“I just pushed him, but he fainted.”

The light didn’t sparkle in my hands, so it was up to me.

“It’s so weird.”

I tried to say with an awkward smile.

Daisy blinked at what I said, but soon nodded at me and opened her mouth,

“What in the world is this!”

Oh, it was such an unnatural tone that I’d rather she hadn’t spoken.

There was an awkward atmosphere and Cass smirked.

I slowly lowered both my hands down.

He didn’t notice anything strange, did he?

“You…”

And it was then.

The fat man, who tried to wake up the skinny man, snapped in an angry voice and pulled something out of his arms,

“You witch-like woman! What have you done to my brother?!”

Something in his fleshy hand glinted in the moonlight.

The moment I recognized that it was a sharp blade, my body stiffened and my flow of thought stopped.

“Die!”

“……!”

It occurred to me that it was late.

Am I going to die like this?

As I stood motionless in the shadow of death approaching me, I felt a rush of wind and heard the sound of something piercing.

“Urk. Aahhh!!”

I blinked a couple of times because I couldn’t believe the scene in front of me. A dagger-shaped knife was embedded in the fat man’s wrist.

It penetrated his palm in an instant and the knife in his fleshy hand fell to the ground. The fallen knife was dripping with red blood.

I was looking at Cass in surprise when he approached them. Then he stretched out his long legs and kicked the fat man gracefully in the stomach.

“Argh!”

The fat man with a dagger in his hand screamed and fell to the ground.

“……”

Did he just hit the hand that was moving sharply with a dagger, accurately with a knife?

It was surprising, as I had never seen Cass Lloyd directly use force in the original story.

“Uh-huh…”

The fat man trembled like an aspen, then rolled over and grabbed his wrist on the side that was stabbed by the knife and hurriedly ran away.

Only the bloodstains that dripped and the wreckage were the only indications of what had happened here.

“This.”

His blue eyes, unable to read his emotions, stared at me.

Soon, he slightly raised his lips playfully.

“I just threw it, but it hit him.”

It was similar to what I said earlier.

Is he a Chūnibyō*?

(T/N: Chūnibyō or ‘중2병’ is a Japanese colloquial term typically used to describe early teens who have grandiose delusions, who desperately want to stand out, and who have convinced themselves that they have hidden knowledge or secret powers.)