Ch 11

'What's going on?'

I opened my eyes wide and turned towards the noise.

However, Kyle, who put his hand on the sword handle, suddenly stepped forward. He stretched his arm and pulled me back behind him.

The fluttering cape blocked my view and a cool musk scent permeated through my sense of smell.

"What is happening?!"

When the Emperor rose and ordered the soldiers, the soldiers rushed in.

"Oh my gosh..."

The Queen looked astonished as she covered her mouth with her hands. Dust and smoke were seen scattering in front of us.

"Li-lightning!"

"A lightning bolt struck the statue!"

Half of the circular banquet hall was covered with a roof, but the other half was not, the hall was divided from where the statue of the First Emperor stood.

Unlike when I came in earlier, the copper statue of the First Emperor, that showed off his majesty, was fragmented and scattered on the floor.

"All of a sudden, lightning struck from the sky! And the statue is...!"

Kyle slowly took his hand off the sword handle when he thought that the threat had finally disappeared.

However, the sight in front of us was terrible. It was because the statue was shattered as if it had been hit by a bomb.

"Are there any injuries?"

The Emperor asked in a heavy voice.

The knights searched for people around the fragmented statue of the First Emperor, and fortunately, no one seemed to be injured.

No matter how hard the lightning struck, the copper was still shining.

"How come, this is so auspicious..."

The Queen frowned her eyebrows and placed her hand on her forehead.

"My Queen, are you all right?"

"I'm just feeling dizzy... Haa..."

Suddenly, I thought of something and muttered in a small voice,

"...Hesed, was it you?"

After a while, a blue chat window appeared in front of my eyes.

[Monde, the God of Art, is uncomfortable with the hand kissing]

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, pretends to be nonexistent and denies that they caused the lightning bolt]

"Hah... I can't believe this."

It seems that the root of all of this was the gods.

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, feels wronged]

"What a chagrin*!"

(T/N: Chagrin is a noun that represents an emotion or feeling and it's an uncomfortable one. If you feel chagrin, it means that you are embarrassed or distressed as a result of a failure.)

I sighed and touched my forehead with my hand.

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, is depressed]

[Monde, the God of Art, clicks their tongue while looking at Hesed]

"It's an ominous sign."