Ch 3

'What kind of error is this?'

It was still penetrable when I tried to touch it carefully.

I've been talking about a novel, but what the hell is this game window-like thing?

I stared at it with a serious expression, and then I heard a knock.

"Come in."

Annie came in as the door opened.

The silver tray she brought contained fresh fruit and cookies.

"Saintess, I brought snacks."

Annie comes in with a snack at the same time every day.

"Can you see this?"

When I pointed at the window, Annie sighed and shook her head.

As expected, it seemed to be visible only to me.

"Our Saintess... I hope you get well soon."

Somehow, Annie seemed to think that I was seeing things because I was sick.

"As you are so feeble, there is a great difficulty in fulfilling the main duties of a saint."

Annie, who placed the tray on the table, shrugged.

'That's strange.'

I blinked and thought.

The end of her voice was mixed with a strange tone.

After listening to Annie, it dawned on me that I only ate and read books for three days.

Camilla, the real saint in the novel, was busy going around the temples of various provinces, meeting priests, and frequently visited the Emperor and the Crown Prince.

'Maybe it's because I'm not a real saint, so I don't have any official work.'

Being weak would be an excuse made by the High Priest.

'I can't do what I need to do as a real saint, so I must have such an excuse for why I'm stuck inside the temple.'

They set up a fake saint because no new saint appeared after the former saint's death several years ago.

The purpose of this measure is to prevent public sentiment from getting confused and seeking political stability.

I heard Annie's voice while I was a bit lost in my thoughts,

"Well... by the way, Saintess."

I glanced at Annie. Her brown eyes were shining with a strange light.

"I said that my younger brother was injured the other day. But it turns out that he is also in debt, so... it seems like he needs more help from me."

I wriggled my eyebrows.

'Why are you telling me this?'

Annie raised the corners of her mouth a little bit and opened her mouth,

"So, I'm sorry but..."

"......"

"The allowance that the Saintess gives me every month, I'd like you to raise it a little bit."

The child's eyes smiling in a completely unapologetic way closely resembled those I had seen in my previous life. People who despised me, an illegitimate child of a wealthy family, and were trying to take advantage of me.

My lips twisted naturally.

'Ha, look at this?'

Obviously, Ariel was portrayed as a villainess in the novel. However, it was correct to say that her brain was an innocent emotional type of villainess rather than a cunning one.