Ch 8

When I came to my senses, I turned around and grabbed the congratulatory message and handed it to him.

Even in the original, he was a mysterious and secretive character, but in reality, he was even more difficult to deal with.

His eyes that showed no thoughts, and the atmosphere flowing out of him brought about a series of tensions.

A cool breeze blew through the slightly open window.

I could see his long eyelashes fluttering.

"......"

After a long silence, Reyhas raised his head.

Somehow, I felt a chill in his eyes. When I faltered, thinking if I had done something wrong, the chill was gone as if it was a lie.

It felt so quick that I thought I must have felt wrong.

He then opened his mouth,

"...Excellent."

It was certainly a compliment, but somehow his low voice is making me feel anxious.

"What's wrong?"

"No. It's just... you've grown a lot. So much, I almost believed you to be someone else."

I answered without a hint of fluster,

"It's just a slight variation of the sentences I saw in the book."

It was a thought of my own that I had to act so as to not fuel his doubts. In fact, I could write better, but I just copied books.

Reyhas said, glancing at the book 『Imperial Banquet Congratulatory Speech Collection』 pointed to by my fingertips.

"I see. Anyway, it's much better than the love letter you wrote last time."

By all means, it should be better than that even if I wrote it with my feet.

After a while, he said with a light smile,

"By the way, it looks like there was a little fuss in the library a while ago."

I stared at him, feeling a subtle tension.

I guess it was a little too much for Hans' brazen attitude, and it seemed that the news reached Reyhas.

"Yes, I stopped by to borrow a book to write a congratulatory message, but the apprentice priestess was harassed by Baron Reizfield's young master. As the Saintess, I gave him a little warning."

It was better to speak honestly than to be embarrassed about things like this.

"It seems like it was a little too much."

At the end, I added a silly smile like Ariel.

"He was expelled."

However, I took a breath at Reyhas' words that followed immediately,

"Not only Hans Reizfield, but all the members of the Reizfield family."

His eyes were cool without a hint of laughter.

"Ah..."

As I was trying to manage my facial expression, I heard his voice,

"If there is such a disrespectful thing in the future, please tell me right away. I will take appropriate action."

[Hesed, the God of Knowledge, carefully analyzes Reyhas]

After a while, another sentence appeared.