Ch 52

Something blue hovered over Kyle’s sword blade for a moment as if he heard the cry in my heart.

And seeing the troll approaching and lifting the stone axe, he suddenly disappeared.

“……!”

My eyes widened as I looked ahead in surprise.

The troll stood still, holding the axe. And like magic, Kyle was back where he was.

I couldn’t figure out what happened.

But a few seconds later, the troll collapsed to the ground.

I was startled and covered my mouth.

It was bizarre to see it falling to the ground as if its whole body had been cut into pieces instead of having its neck cut off.

Steam was rising on the blade of the sword Kyle was holding.

Only his horse was watching this scene casually.

I got goosebumps rather than being disgusted.

[Monde, the God of Art, frowns]

[Ciel, the God of Destruction, runs around with joy]

All of a sudden, I could sense his status quo as the Sword Master.

The troll, which turned into a chunk of meat and looked like a slime, probably didn’t realize what happened until the moment it died.

His ghastly murderous aura still made his red eyes shine sharply.

“…Are you afraid of me?”

I soon heard his voice.

I looked into his eyes.

His red eyes, staring at the place where the troll died, were filled with monotonous fatigue.

A talent that even cutting down something like that became trivial. What life did he lead until he turned out that way?

“The lieutenants gave me advice. Save your smile while slaughtering. Strange rumours about me circulate among the knights.”

“……”

“After that, I completely hardened my expression. Sometimes I don’t know what kind of face I’m making.”

Shiing, Kyle slowly put the sword into the scabbard.

“…I’m not afraid of Your Highness.”

I told him after thinking it over. Then I saw him wriggle his eyebrows.

“You seem braver than I imagined.”

His self-help voice was calm, but his eyes somehow looked lonely.

Is there anyone who dares to approach Kyle with his sword drawn?

I couldn’t understand his solitude and responsibility, but I suddenly had an idea for something to say,

“I wouldn’t want to meet you if you were an enemy, but if you were an ally, you’d be the most trusted person.”

I gathered my courage and continued to speak a little more.

He slowly turned to me.

“…An ally, you say.”

“You protected me just now. With that dreadful sword.”

It was a massive troll. If that axe blade had struck me, I would have died instantly.

“…So don’t treat yourself like some kind of monster. A real monster means something like that.”