Ch 31

The next day, I went to the art auction house and stopped by Lloyd’s Top after a long time.

After selling some items there, I looked satisfactorily at the balance of just over 2,000 francs and went out of my way.

It was said that after the Rose Festival, the girl from Tiago will come, but this was the least amount of personal funds to buy a divine relic that can protect me.

I stored my pocket with money and headed for the main street.

I had Dwayne and two knights behind me.

At that moment.

Hiing!

I heard something running fast from the main street. It was a sleek brown horse.

There was a young man in a noble outfit on the horse, and it ran without hesitation even though he was on a crowded road during the festival.

I frowned at its dangerous sprint.

Oh dear, then I heard people whispering. And after a while, there was a loud noise as if something was falling apart.

The horse ran in front of me non-stop.

I saw the people gathering in the area where the horse passed by.

I focused my attention there, frowning.

Exclaiming voices flowed into my ears,

“Oh my goodness. I saw the horse stepping on and trampling him, but he didn’t stop and just passed by.”

“Wasn’t that Lord Michael?”

“No one but him would do that. His sister is the queen, so he has nothing to fear.”

“That kid, my gosh, I think his back is completely broken.”

I went straight to them with a hardened expression at the word ‘kid’.

My heart was beating nervously.

I stopped at the scene of the accident and was forced to cover my mouth with my hands.

I thought it would be an animal.

If a dog was injured, I could sneak it away and heal it with my sacred power. But it was a dying child surrounded by people who kept whispering.

“I don’t think there’s any hope, shouldn’t we let his parents know? Tsk tsk.”

“Where are his parents? He’s obviously a kid from the Thieves Guild.”

It was a 7 or 8 years old child wearing shabby clothes. Some coins fell around the child.

His body was covered with blood, his legs were protruding, and his mouth was open as if he had been injured near his vocal cords and he couldn’t say a word.

At that moment, I remembered the faces of the children passing through the night market.

The child’s pupils were filled only with pain.

As soon as I saw them, something filled up my heart violently.

I’ll save you.

I looked back and shouted,

“Dwayne, take the stretcher and move the child right now.”

This place was so crowded with people that I couldn’t concentrate.

Dwayne, who followed me and could not speak at the awful sight before him, hesitated.

He determined that no matter what I did, I could not save a child in that condition.