Ch 43

As I walked down the hallway with a heavy heart, I arrived at the hallway leading to my room.

But then I suddenly heard a sharp scream from somewhere,

“AAAHH!”

It was a familiar voice.

Surprised, I dashed towards the spot where I heard the shout. My mind was engulfed by a strange, sinister feeling.

As I turned toward the corner, I saw many priests and priestesses gathered.

With a strange intuition, I went through them.

“Sa-Saintess!”

I could hear the maids around me trembling in their voices.

“What’s going on?”

Dwayne, who appeared to have heard the commotion, was also present behind me.

Pushing back one of the priestesses blocking me, my face hardened in shock as the scene unfolded in front of me.

My heart beat like crazy.

Memos saying ‘I paid today’s debt’ were scattered around the floor. And I saw Daisy bleeding profusely from her severely wounded chest and stomach, dripping blood with every breath she took.

The maids and priestesses were crying as blood pooled on the floor. Both priests attempted to spread their divine powers, but the quantity was too small.

Daisy parted her trembling, blood-stained lips,

“B-be careful…”

Without hesitation, I removed my pendant and placed my hands on Daisy’s chest. No thoughts could stop me right now.

‘It hurts.’

It was such an unforgettable pain.

When I died in my previous life, the moment the sharp blade tore my body was an atrocious memory that made me tremble even in my sleep.

And Daisy was in the same situation as I was that day.

Tears like dew in the corner of her eyes caused me to lose my mind.

Something deep inside my heart soared up. A warm light gleamed on my hands that covered her bleeding chest, enveloping Daisy’s body.

“But I still want to have the Saintess by my side!”

Her words flashed in my eyes and echoed in my ears.

I must have honestly thought of this kid as my sister. When I see her in such pain, it feels like my heart would be ripped apart by her messed-up look.

‘Help me.’

I closed my eyes.

All my nerves were tied to my hands.

Daisy’s tepid blood was dripping from my palms, and something warm and powerful was emanating from her skin.

I felt as though I was floating through space. Perhaps it was because of the ring I bought last time that the stigma didn’t hurt and it felt dull to me.

It was much easier to spread my sacred power now than when I healed the child from the Thieves Guild. Maybe my desperate heart is what’s making me feel this way.

‘You must live, Daisy.’

I couldn’t feel any more blood exuding from her body.

‘As you have chosen me, I have chosen you.’