Ch 50

Then I heard the Emperor’s voice,

“Why don’t the Saintess participate in the Hunting Festival with the Crown Prince?”

As I turned my head, I noticed the Queen grinning and straightening her body as she whispered something into the Emperor’s ear.

Kyle spoke to the Emperor instead of me,

“Entering the forest where the monsters are located is dangerous.”

Then the Emperor answered Kyle,

“So you, the Sword Master, should protect her. Then maybe you two can get closer… hmhm.”

Perhaps the Queen used this as a ruse to coax the Emperor.

“However, we don’t know if there will be any unforeseen events.”

“Last year, the High Priest came as the temple’s representative, and he took the lead in purifying the forest. He imbued the Els Valley rocks with divine powers. But nowadays, people claim that Els Valley is once again plagued by monsters.”

The Queen opened her fan and interrupted Kyle.

Kyle’s brows furrowed at her words.

“She is different from the High Priest, who is a skilled swordsman. Stop being so obstinate.”

Kyle’s blunt remark made the Queen frown for a brief moment.

“Isn’t the Crown Prince trying to force himself on the people of the empire who live in the Kinston Mountains collecting minerals and medicinal herbs?”

Her lips arched upward.

“……”

“Aside from subjugating monsters at the Hunting Festival, if the Saintess goes to Els Valley and purifies Kinston through the rocks, there will be a lot less ordure this year. There is a reason why saints have traditionally engaged in purification activities every few years.”

It was a reasonable story. It’s as if she planned it beforehand.

“The Queen has a point, but the Saintess should make the decision.”

The nobles all looked at me as the Emperor said his final words.

I stared at the Queen’s sharp eyes. I opened my mouth after a long silence,

“I’ll do it.”

I was expecting them to force me into the hunting grounds at any cost.

Kyle’s brows furrowed at my calm reply, and the corners of the Queen’s lips raised slightly.

“However, riding a horse-drawn carriage to the hunting grounds doesn’t seem enjoyable.”

With my index finger, I soon pointed in the opposite direction.

“I’ll take that horse.”

The Queen’s brows furrowed at my remark, and the corners of her risen lips hardened.

I then went on to say,

“Sir Alberto doesn’t seem to be a good horse rider, so he will ride in my carriage.”

Alberto complained with widened eyes,

“What do you mean I can’t ride a horse! I never said anything like that!”

With a casual expression, I rose from my seat and walked out to face the Emperor.

“Your Majesty, I witnessed Sir Alberto trampling a child on a horse in the square less than a month ago. The child nearly lost his breath.”