Ch 21

At my words, he stared at me with a cold gaze. No, instead of a cold gaze, it was more fitting to call it a fiery gaze.

‘It’s like a fire that will burn me if I keep on facing it.’

After a while, he said,

“I shall not have your blood upon my hands unless you are an enemy. I guarantee it under the name of Kyle Alexis Ilyde.”

“…Thank you.”

It made me feel relieved, but my heart throbbed for no reason.

“It’s not worth a promise.”

He slightly frowned and reopened his mouth,

“Then why did you write such a proposal letter to a man whom you thought might kill you?”

The wind was still blowing between us.

Ah, right, there was the topic that he couldn’t finish that day.

“What the hell are you…”

At that time, I could not hear the words he uttered due to the wind.

“Yes? What did you say…”

And there came a familiar voice,

“Your Highness, here you are.”

When I turned my head, I saw Reyhas’ face with Dwayne standing behind him. His bright blonde hair and brilliant golden eyes were warm enough to get rid of the chill.

“…May the High Priest have the blessings of the Nine Gods.”

I turned around and greeted him.

“May the Saintess also receive the blessings.”

Reyhas approached us with a smile. Then he stood before Kyle and said,

“I remember you had an appointment with me, but I wonder why you’re with the Saintess instead.”

There was a slight smile on his lips, but I could feel the subtle chill hidden within his tone.

“Well.”

Kyle replied with a cold stare,

“There was a conversation at the last banquet that we never got to finish.”

“Yes, I did have a small conversation with him. It has to do with the food at the banquet.”

I shrugged as I quickly hid the contents of the letter that would follow because it was embarrassing enough to hear it from Kyle.

If Reyhas discover what was in that letter…

“…It was really something to talk about. The vegetables weren’t fresh.”

At my subsequent words, Kyle stared at me subtly and looked away again without saying much.

“Then, now I’ll….”

I was just thinking about the timing to say goodbye to leave.

“Be that as it may, you are the Crown Prince…”

But for an instant, Reyhas opened his mouth with a cold voice and cut me off,

“As she is a saint of this temple, I hope you will refrain from meeting with her privately.”

I looked at Reyhas in surprise at what he said. I could also see Kyle’s complexion hardening even more.

No, Reyhas. I don’t think you need to put Kyle in a fouler mood.