teenage | t w e n t y - n i n e

The woman in her mid 40's sadly glanced at the girl who's been staring outside the window for two hours, looking dead. It's been a week since the unexpected incident and everyone was sad.

She sighed and stopped in the middle of wiping the table to approach the other female.

"Daerim-ah you should eat already, we're all worried for you"

Placing a hand on her shoulders, she couldn't help but tear up at the sight of her own daughter feeling empty.A second of silence occurred before it was broken down by the sound of crying. Mrs. Kim immediately hugged her and hushed the girl down, caressing her hair.

"I-it hurts m-mom" Daerim said with her broken voice. She was trembling and all she wants now is someone to listen and to give comfort.

"I know sweetheart, I know" She closed her eyes and remembered how all of them reacted after receiving the shocking news of her future son in law.

If Daerim was having a hard time handling the pain, so as Donghyuck's mother who fainted after hearing that her son got stabbed and is dying.

"Please eat sweetie, Donghyuck wouldn't want you to forget about yourself and know that you're still pregnant" Hearing his name again made her cry even more, clutching her mother's arms just wanting for everything to end.

Her eyes are already swollen and stinging and her voice had gone bad. She didn't went to school for the last seven days and it was the last thing she worries about.

"W-what's the use of taking care of myself anyway when h-he's not here already"

Mrs. Kim frowned at her daughter for thinking way too much.

"You talk as if he is not a fighter Daerim, I believe that he will keep on fighting for his life to be with you again"

Daerim sniffed and unexpectedly let out a hiccup causing for her mom to chuckle. She helped her to stand up before guiding the girl towards the kitchen.

"We should cure that little hiccup of yours sweetheart and eat"

[🌱]

"Oh my god! Daerim! I'm so worried of you!"

Yuna sprinted and went inside Daerim's room engulfing her with a tight hug and later on soft sobs were sent back to Daerim's ears. She panicked and cupped her best friend's cheeks to face her.

"A-are you crying?" Yuna pouted at her question and sat beside her.

"Nah your room is just too dusty, I think you should clean it" She replied looking anywhere except for Daerim's direction.

Seeing this, Daerim let out a weak smile before wrapping her other arm around Yuna's shoulders.

"You are crying"

"No I'm not!"

As if she will fall for that excuse, even though she felt like dying on the spot not being able to handle all those sleepless nights always crying, she still managed to clean her room, in tears.

Daerim recently went back to their house after having no choice when her mother burst out on her saying that she should rest. The girl didn't want to leave Doghyuck's side but her mother was not having it.