1 Year Anniversary!

Chapters 1-44. The entire story all in one part (89,372 words). That way, you can read the story and not have ads in your way when you go from Chapter to Chapter.

I hope this was worth the wait for some of you. If you're here because I updated the Explanation part of this story and instructed you to go here, you don't have to read this, you can read all the chapters individually. This was meant for you to enjoy the story without ads.

Here we go:

Chapter 1: Prologue

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was sitting outside on a beach chair to relax. Unfortunately, he heard some noises in the house which is loud enough that got his attention. He walked inside the house to be welcomed by a green centipede-like creature trying to attack him.

However, the creature was yanked away from him by Garnet and Steven remained in the same spot when he opened the door.

(Garnet) Hello, Steven.

(Steven) Hello, Garnet. Looks like we have a bug infestation.

(Amethyst) Don't worry! The exterminator is here!

She shapeshifted into what looks like an exterminator while she attacks more of these creatures. Pearl just finished eliminating a few more of them.

(Pearl) Look who finally showed up.

She rolled her eyes at the human's presence. After Amethyst defeated a few more of the creatures, she striked a pose as she declared,

(Amethyst) Looks like they've been exterminated.

She waited for him to have a response to her pun. But he had no response to her clever pun.

(Amethyst) Do you even smile?

She shapeshifted back into her normal appearance.

(Steven) I do, just not very common.

She shrugged as she noticed an odd feature about these creatures.

(Amethyst) Uh, guys? These things don't have gems.

(Garnet) There must be a mother nearby.

(Pearl) We should look for it. We don't need anymore of these things.

(Amethyst) Unless Steven wants a pet.

(Steven) No thanks.

A creature was up on the ceiling and tried attacking him from the above. Steven grabbed it before it attacked him and held it in his hand.

(Amethyst) Wow, nice catch.

He clenched his fist and with his strength it managed to poof the creature into oblivion.

(Steven) Where could the mother be?

(Garnet) She should be nearby if her babies were coming in here.

(Steven) We should find it before anyone gets hurt.

(Garnet) We should look around the temple. Lets split up, we'll cover more ground.

(Amethyst) Stev-man, want one of us to go with you?

(Steven) No thanks.

He walked back outside and looked from the temple entrance.

(Pearl) He's going to get himself killed.

(Amethyst) What are ya talking about?  He's tough, I'm sure he'll be fine.

(Pearl) These creatures spit out acid which can melt through about anything it touches. I'm sure if he encounters more of these things or possibly the mother, he'll most likely die.