Chapter 16: Fears

"Keeping It Together" but written differently. Yes, I'm aware I skipped the episode where Amethyst reforms multiple times.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Its been about a month since Steven and the gems were almost taken to Homeworld. The gems took that experience as a lesson and a taste of what they're up against. Peridot escaped and is on Earth somewhere.

The gems have found her escape pod but nothing left traces to her whereabouts. Steven has been training a lot more recently so he could be more prepared for situations like last time in the future. He has also been attenpting to control his anger and become more patient.

He has been improving but he still needed to continue. The others have been training as well. Whenever they're not training, they look for Peridot.

If Peridot makes it back to Homeworld, they may not even be able to deal with what they have. Last time, they were lucky it was just Jasper and no more gems.

(Garnet) We need to track down Peridot. We found her pod, we know she's out there somewhere. She came to Earth with a job to do, and odds aare she's still gonna try to do it. That's why we're discussing this now.

(Pearl) You don't she look for us, right?

(Garnet) We weren't her priority. She was sent here to do something in the Kindergarten.

(Pearl) Do you think she's still going to try to reactivate it?

(Steven) She better not.

(Garnet) If she gets it up and running, the injectors will turn back on.

(Pearl) We cannot let Peridot restart gem production here. If it happens, the planet will become... well...

(Steven) Rotten. If it sucks the life out of the planet, then life will decrease and be eliminated.

(Garnet) You are correct. Which is why we fight for it. Don't worry, we'll stop her. Come on, let's go.

She went to the Warp Pad with eveyone following her.

At the Kindergarten

Steven and the gems were searching the area for any activity.

(Pearl) Well, nothing looks activated. In fact, it doesn't look like anythings budged since the last time we were here.

(Garnet) You're right. But just because Peridot hasn't been here yet doesn't mean she won't come. Let's do a thorough check of the perimeter. That way, we can monitor any future entry.

They spread out, Steven went to search further into the place. It was dark and quiet. Nothing but broken injectors and debris.

He heard a voice

(Peridot) (distant) Log Date 652. This is Peridot. Updating status: Still stuck on miserable planet.

Steven followed the voice and he found it. Peridot was standing on the area where they found that secret room.

(Peridot) The fusion experiments a54 developeing properly. A few have even emerged early-- (gasp)

She spotted Steven.

(Steven) Hello.

...

(Peridot) Are the other ones with you?

She spoke with a low tone, loud enough for Steven to hear.

(Steven) Yes.

She sighed.

(Peridot) Of course. Why not?

(Garnet) (distant) Peridot!

The gems were charging towards her.