Chapter 14: Invasion

"The Return" but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven recently had Mayor Dewey arranged a evacuation. Greg insisted on staying but Steven convinced him to go. He didn't like leaving his son alone with a threat this big.

But he knows Steven can handle it, probably. He's shown it quite a few times and is trained like a soldier. He's still not entirely sure how Steven got his training but is grateful that he has it.

The town is now emtpy and its for the best for the moment. Its a bit haunting, seeing a town empty when you know people were there. Hopefully, this situation is temporary.

Steven and the gems have be preparing like Steven said in order to be ready. They don't know what they're exactly up against but they know for sure that it has to be taken seriously.  They've trained for the past three days now.

Today, is the day that Peridot reaches Earth. How they know is when they saw a giant green hand floating towards the town.

(Pearl) It's a ship. We have to assume it's Peridot.

(Garnet) Lapis told us she'd be coming with advanced weapons and reinforcements. Ready the Light Cannons!

They had the Light Cannons ready and pointed to the ship to stop it. Steven said the phrase to light them up. They fired but the ship saw it coming and prepared a defense mechanism.

Not even a scratch was made.

(Garnet) No affect.

(Amethyst) What now?

(Steven) We'll have to take them head on. But right now, we wait.

(Pearl) How can you be so... calm and certain at this moment?! This is something we've never dealt with before.

(Steven) We all been through life-threatening situations. The only difference now between then is because we know its coming. We know they have dangerous weapons and devices that could harm us but we shouldn't let our fear take over.

(Garnet) You're right. We shouldn't give up or be afraid. We promised to protect this planet, even if it cost our lives to do it. Thats what the Crystal Gems are for.

A few hours later

The ship got closer to them. The gems were scared but they remembered what Steven said and that helps ease their fear. The ship finally landed and two figures appeares from it.

(Peridot) That's the human all right. It's the one who broke my machine.

(Jasper) That?

(Peridot) Jasper! It destroyed ny equipment!

(Jasper) (sighs)

She stepped forth.

(Jasper) It looks like another waste of my time.

She yanked someone.

(Jasper) Hey, get over here.

It was Lapis.

(Lapis) (Gasp) Steven?

(Jasper) This is their base?

(Lapis) (Obediently) Yes.

(Garnet) You need to leave immediately!

(Amethyst) Yeah, step off!

(Pearl) This is not a gem-controlled planet!

They had their weapons.

(Jasper) Neither of you saw Rose Quartz?

(Steven) That's none of your concern!

(Jasper) Oh, what a shame. I'd hoped to meet her. I was looking forward to beating her into the ground.

(Steven) You need to leave this planet, right now!

(Jasper) But this is all that's left or army? Some lost, defective Pearl, a puny, overcooked runt, a shameless display of fusion, and a inferior species?

(Peridot) That one was clever enough to destory my equipment on my watch.

(Lapis) He's just a human. He isn't a threat at all. He-- He's not one of them. Please don't hurt him!

(Jasper) I know what a human is. You don't need me for this. Just blast them with the ship.

She walked away. Steven couldn't take it anymore.

(Steven) Hey!

She turned around. Steven managed to get close enough to her to jump and kick her, square in the face, nearly making her fall over.

(Lapis) (gasp)

(Peridot) Oh, dear.

(Crystal Gems) (Gasp)

Steven stood his ground. Jasper only smiled and chuckled.

(Jasper) Looks like this one has got some fight in it.

She stood up straight in stared at him deep into the eyes.

(Jasper) You're quite bold.

Steven gave her a punch that nearly spun her around with such force. This only made Jasper chuckle again.

(Jasper) For such a lower lifeform, you contain quite a punch. Go ahead, do it again.

Steven quickly responded with another punch but she kicked him away before he could hit her. The gems got ready to attack.

(Jasper) Good.

Garnet charged but Jasper activated some helmet that protected her from Garnet's gauntlets.

(Jasper) Priming Gem Destabilizer.

She had a yellow rod which she used to attack Garnet. One hit and Garnet poofed, right in front of everyone.

(Amethyst) (Gasp)

(Pearl) (Frightened Scream)

The only thing that remained was her gems. Steven tried attacking her but she was quick to grab his neck. He was struggling to break free.

(Jasper) I don't know who you are but I'm sure you might be able to tell us something back at Homeworld about Rose Quartz. You have failed!

She headbutts him and he was knocked out.

End of Chapter 14