Chapter 11: On the Run

"On the Run" but written differently. Just for clarification, I am trying to come up with orginal names for chapters instead of the names of the episodes but it is extremely difficult.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven was taking a break from testing the fountain water. His research on the magical water is quite intriguing. He recently discovered that it does not only heal flesh wounds, it can heal broken bones.

Don't ask how he discovered it, he really doesn't want to talk about it. He was reading a book called "The No Home Boys: On the Run". He can relate to a few things from it.

He heard the Warp Pad activated so it means that the gems are back. He put the book down and went to the Warp.

(Steven) You're back.

He noitced that they were holding the robonoids that they saw when they discovered Peridot.

(Steven) What are you doing with those?

(Pearl) We can't have them reactivating and fixing the Homeworld Warp.

(Amethyst) Hey Steven, check this out!

She crushed a robonoid with her hands and it broke and goo splashed onto her face.

(Amethyst) Kaboom!

This caught Pearl off guard and she accidentally dropped the robonoids in her arms.

(Pearl) Amethyst, please! This is serious! We need to understand these things, not squash them. If Homeworld gems are trying to return to Earth... They have to be stopped!

(Garnet) Pearl, calm down. We're still cut off. The Earth is safe.

(Steven) What do the Homeworld gems want? Its not like Earth has anything to offer them.

(Pearl) Steven, a very long time ago, gems tried to do something very bad. It was something that would have damaged the Earth and eliminate Humanity. Some gems, like Rose, Garnet, and myself felt like this was unfair to the life that already existed here, and so we swore to never let the Earth be used for their... purposes, even if it meant we could never go home.

(Garnet) We chose Earth.

(Steven) Then why did Rose leave? If this rebellion was meant to protect the planet then she should be here.

(Pearl) We're... uncertain about her decision. Maybe she believed protecting the Earth is done and went to do her own thing. The whole point of the rebellion was for Earth's independence and freedom for gems who couldn't stand for Homeworld's rules.

(Steven) She could've at least told us instead of leaving without saying goodbye.

(Garnet) Don't hold it against her, Steven. She has made mistakes before but she has own up to them. I'm sure if she ever returns, she'll apologize for leaving.

(Steven) I hope you're correct.

They left to put the robonoids somewhere.

(Amethyst) Whacha got there, Steven?

(Steven) A book. Its called "The No Home Boys". Its about three boys who ran away from home with no past or future.

(Amethyst) Heh, sorta sounds like us, except the whole boy thing. Hey, lets run away.

(Steven) No.

(Amethyst) Ah, c'mon! Don't you have get tired of them?

(Steven) Sometimes but I'm not running away.

(Amethyst) Okay, how about we leave Beach City temporarily and return?

(Steven) How long?

(Amethyst) I dunno.