Chapter 35: The Fire Rises

Original Chapter.

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Steven) What about the rebellion?

(White Diamond) This rebellion will go to war and we are worried about it.

(Steven) As long as we work together fight when the moment is right, we should be able to win it. Don't send any of your soldiers. You might need them to guard the Palace and Homeworld itself. They'll mostly target Earth and me.

(Blue Diamond) What about you?

(Steven) I can protect myself. I'll be fine. Me and the Crystal Gems will handle this war. You need to make sure Homeworld doesn't lose control and make sure nobody lets any of the prisoners out. Come on, Spinel.

(Spinel) All right.

She bounced over to him and followed him to the Warp Pad.

(Spinel) So, what are we gonna do now?

(Steven) First we need to inform the others about the commander and we need to be ready for another assault.

They Warped back to Earth.

On Earth

They got there and went to search for the gems. Little Homeworld is still in ruins from the recent attack and is going to take some time to repair the damages. Steven and Spinel couldn't find anyone.

Strange, they left here about 30 minutes ago and the gems were still trying to see if anyone was hurt. Now, there's not a single gem to be seen.

(Spinel) Where is everyone?

(Steven) I don't kn--

(???) I'm giving you one last chance.

Steven and Spinel went quiet after hearing that. Steven knew who it was

(Steven) Jasper.

He walked to where he heard the voice but made sure to stay out of sight with Spinel right behind him. He spotted the brute circling Lapis and had a few gems holding Pearl, Garnet, Amethyst, Peridot, and Bismuth down.

(Jasper) Lapis, if you fuse with me, we can rule this planet. Restore Homeworld back to what it used to be.

(Lapis) No! I like Homeworld what it is now and I like this planet. What happened between us wasn't good.

(Jasper) That human has influenced you more than I thought. Look around you, Lapis! Our entire race used to conquer planet after planet. Now, we've been reduced to living in harmony. It's disrespectful to those who earned what they had before Steven came to Homeworld.

(Lapis) Steven saved all of those who were suffering from Homeworld's tyranny.

(Jasper) They are weak. He saved those weaklings from getting the shattering that they deserve.

(Lapis) That, right there, is what Steven fights. And when he gets here, he'll make you sorry!

(Jasper) (chuckles) Yeah, sure.

She walks to Peridot.

(Jasper) I bet he changed your point of view, too. Tell me, how did he presuae you into joining his side?

(Peridot) He... intimidate me at first but showed me compassion.

(Jasper) If he scares you, then you will definitely fear for what I could do to you.

She grasped Peridot's throat and lifts her up in the air.

(Lapis) Stop! Put her down, please!

(Jasper) Oh, come on. Why do you care about her? She imprisoned you, just like how you were imprisoned from before.