Chapter 27: Sacrifices

"The Kindergarten Kid" (Referenced), "Room for Ruby" (Referenced), "Are You My Dad?" (Referenced), "I Am My Mom", & "Stuck Together" but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

This last week has been getting out of control! First, the corrupted gems that Jasper contained has escaped their cells before the others got to them to bubble them. Next, a ruby from that squad that Amethyst fooled as Jasper came back to Earth falling from space and took their roaming eye back.

And finally, people have been missing and the count gets higher each day. The only benefits Steven and the gems had was Steven brought a spare roaming eye from the Human Zoo, and they caught a couple of the corrupted gems. This certainly wasn't their week.

Steven spent every day doing one out of the two, looking for the missing people or looking for the corrupted gems. Today, he was looking for the missing people while the gems looked for the corrupted gems.

A few hours later

It would be dark soon, Steven hasn't made any progress at all, this was infuriating. Luckily, the gems have rounded up all corrupted gems so that's a win, at least. They helped Steven looked further but still no progress has been made.

They are currently checking the boardwalk. They looked about everything and was about to give up but then they heard heavy footsteps. Steven was near it and quickly gone into hiding while the gems did the same.

Steven and the gems were hiding behind a stand while they saw two figures walking around. One of them was small and had wings to fly with a bow on it's head and the other... had a disturbing appearance. It had peoples heads, arms, and legs sticking out of it's body.

Those are the mission and those are gems.

(Pearl) An Aquamarine and Topaz fusion? Yellow and Blue Diamond must've sent them personally, but why?

(Steven) My guess is that they're collecting the people for the zoo. We can't let them get away.

Steven got out of hiding and was sneaking up on the gems. The Crystal Gems were right behind him. The element of surprise would be a huge advantage.

Unfortunately, they turned around and the Topaz pushed Steven back and forced him to collide into the gems.

(Aquamarine) Look, Topaz, it's those rogue gems and they bought us a human!

(Steven) Let them go!

(Aquamarine) Oh, I don't think so. I was specifically told to bring as much humans I can to the Zoo before this planet dies. So I gotta round up as much meat sacks as I can.

Steven tried attacking but Aquamarine used her bow to make a wand and used it stop Steven in place and throw him back. His armor broke the fall but it still hurt, nonetheless.

(Steven) You guys handle Aquamarine, I'll deal with Topaz.

They nod in agreement and fought Aquamarine while Steven was battling Topaz. It was hard since every time he attacked, he almost hits a hostage but stops himself in time before he hurts them but Topaz took advantage of that and hits him. Steven was trying to figure out where he can hit Topaz without hurting anyone.

The gems on the fusion was at both sides of her head, they looked like earmuffs. Steven knew what to do now. He ran up to the fusion, dodged a punch, and hit both sides of her head with his hands.

Steven knew how sensitive a gem is on a gem's form which is why he hits it but he doesn't put much force into it because if he did, he could crack and possibly shatter a gem, which is not what he wants. Topaz grips her gems in pain while Stevens a direct punch to her face which made her stumble backwards. Steven can't just keep attacking her face forever, she'll eventually counter his moves.