Chapter 37: A Lost Boy

Warning: This chapter contains Attempted Suicide and Graphic Description. Read at your own risk.

Orginal Chapter

Flashback Chapter (Expect more of these).

3rd Person P.O.V.

A boy was all alone in a cardboard box that was bigger than him. A scrawny, 8 year old boy who hasn't ate in about 3 days. He doesn't remember what happened in his life that lead him to this.

But he does remember what happened to him during these times. He lives in an alley, expecting to live like this for the rest of his life. One night, two drunk men found him.

He never knew why they did what they did to him. Either because they mistaken him for a giant doll or they just wanted to hurt somebody. They kicked him, spit at him, and one of them held him down while the other one took a knife and cuts his arms and legs.

The man was about to slit his throat and started at his collarbone but they fleed when someone heard the boy screaming for help. They left the boy beaten and bloody. He checked to see if anyone was going to help him, no one was around.

He crawled back to his cardboard box home to hide from the men incase they came back. His scars became infected but there was nothing he could do about it. The pain hurts him so bad, he cries himself to sleep every night.

Bloodstains were on the box, he bleed while he slept that night. One day, he found a gun in the trashcan when he was looking for food. It was loaded and had one bullet.

He thought about using it. He either uses it to end it all right here right now, or he doesn't use it and will die due to either the infections on his scars or from starvation. He picks the gun up, it was heavy.

He points the barrel at the side of his head. His hands were shaking and tears were going down his face. He had his finger on the trigger and--

(???) HEY, STOP!

He dropped the gun. He turns around to see a figure at the end of the alley, watching him. He crawled backwards away from the figure out of fear.

The figure walks over, picks up the gun. They unloaded it, pulled the hammer back and tossed it in the trashcan. They walked closer to the boy, he held his arms up, afraid they were going to punish him with physical violence.

(???) What were you thinking?

It was a woman. She looked like she was in her mid twenties and skinny, not as skinny as the boy. She had an umbrella and wearing a trenchcoat.

The boy was scared, he didn't know what to do. Tears were in his eyes and he was cold. The woman saw the look in his eyes.

She gasped when she saw the scars and bruises.

(???) Come on, let me take you somewhere safe.

She offered him her hand. He was hesitant to take it, he eventually grasped her hand and she helps the boy on his feet. He was shaking, either from the cold or fear.

She continued to hold his hand as she took him to her car and she drove him to her home. When they got there, she offered him dinner but he was afraid of eating if it were to anger her. She saw his fear and assured him that he had the right to eat.

He ate but he tried not to look needy. He ate the food she offered but he still was hungry, he hasn't had a proper meal in months. She didn't mind.

Later that night, she helped clean the infection out of his scars and bandaged them. She gave him a warm bed in the guest room. He couldn't sleep though, he didn't want to be left alone.