Chapter 42: Acquired

Orignal Chapter

3rd Person P.O.V.

(Steven) What's going on with Spinel?

(Amethyst) And what took you so long?

(Pearl) Well, first, I'm not like Peridot with Homeworld devices. And second, the collar on Spinel is a control collar. It was used on disobedient gems before Rejuvenation was invented. It's primary purpose is to synchronize to a gem with "supposedly" better focus and emotions. Then, when the collar is attached to a gem, they act like that gem but with their own personality. And if my accusation is correct, Spinel is synchronized to Jasper.

(Amethyst) Then, let's get that collar off of her.

(Pearl) We can't. The collar is stuck to her form. Poofing her won't work since the collar is magnetized to her gem. Our only hope to getting it off is to use the remote that the collar comes with.

(Steven) But we don't know where the remote is, let alone Jasper's whereabouts.

(Amethyst) Maybe we can ask Spinel?

(Pearl) That won't work. She won't tell anyone.

(Steven) What else do we have?

(Pearl) I... don't know...

Steven walks into the other room where Garnet was watching Spinel.

(Spinel) Hey, it's Steven! Everyone's favorite human!

(Steven) Has she said anything about Jasper?

(Garnet) No. Just a few bad jokes.

(Spinel) Bad jokes? Those were comedy gold.

(Garnet) Are you going to talk to her?

(Steven) Yes.

(Garnet) I'll give you two some privacy.

She leaves.

(Steven) Where's Jasper?

(Spinel) In space. Somewhere far from Earth.

(Steven) Where exactly?

(Spinel) How should I know? It's not like I know a few things where she's located.

(Steven) What else is Jasper planning?

(Spinel) Earth's demise, duh! And yours, of course.

(Steven) I need actual answers. Not the obvious.

(Spinel) But then you'll might be able to stop Jasper.

Steven sighs. Spinel is smiling, knowing she was in control of the situation.

(Spinel) You look adorable when you're angry.

(Steven) What will it take for you to give me answers?

(Spinel) A negotiation? Hmm... What could I possibly want?

Steven is regretting his decision to negotiate.

(Spinel) Tell you what, if you play a game with me, you'll get answers.

(Steven) What game?

(Spinel) Questions and Answers.

Steven knew she was going to twist this simple game into something horrible. He was going with it anyway, he has no other choice.

(Steven) Fine...

(Spinel) Good! Now, I ask you a question and you answer with "Yes" or "No". Once you do that, you can ask me one question in return! This'll be so much fun!