Chapter 32: Friends in Need

"Growing Pains" and "Homeworld Bound" but written differently.

3rd Person P.O.V.

Steven and Connie were visiting today and Connie noticed a change in Steven since they last met.

(Connie) Steven, are you all right? You look stressed.

(Steven) I wouldn't say stressed. More like worn out.

(Connie) I figured. With building Little Homeworld and that injector business about two weeks ago. You should probably take some time off and relax.

(Steven) No thanks, I'm fine.

(Connie) You sure?

(Steven) Yes, if you'd take me to a doctor, they would say I am fine.

(Connie) Well, let's find out.

(Steven) What?

(Connie) You said that a doctor would say you're fine and if thats the case then let's find out.

(Steven) I doubt any doctor would take a look at me just to prove a point.

(Connie) My Mom is a doctor. She'll tell you if you're fine or not.

(Steven) I shouldn't have opened my mouth...

At the clinic.

(Priyanka) You're lucky I had a cancellation today. Normally, I'm booked up weeks in advance.

(Connie) This shouldn't take long. He just needs a check up.

(Priyanka) Okay, a quick check up never hurts. Connie, will you excuse us?

(Connie) Sure Mom.

She left the room.

(Priyanka) Let's go over the basics.

She checks his temperature, height, his weight, etc. She did an X-ray on his body to view his skeleton. She came back in with the results.

(Priyanka) Well, Steven Universe, you're in impressive health for a boy your age. Now, I came back with your X-ray and it seems that you have a few bone bruises which can be treated. I just want to ask you a few questions since your bruises are concerning.

(Steven) Why do you say that?

(Priyanka) Your bone bruises are on your hands, feet, and knees which indicates that you've been hitting things. Okay, first question: Do you play sports?

(Steven) No.

(Priyanka) Second question: What is your normal exercise routine?

(Steven) Three days a week I do push ups, sit ups, and squats for 3 hours.

(Priyanka) Next question: Have you fought someone recently?

(Steven) Yes.

(Priyanka) When?

(Steven) About 2 weeks ago.

(Priyanka) (exhales) Okay. How frequent do you fight?

(Steven) A little over 2 months ago, I fought once or twice a week on average.

(Priyanka) Goodness gracious! What have you been doing? Picking fights?

(Steven) No, they were self defence, ma'am.

(Priyanka) Whew, I don't know why people would target you. You're just an average teenager.

(Steven) Next question, please.

(Priyanka) (clears throat) Right. When was the last time you've been to the doctor?

(Steven) When I was 8.